+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Within Canada TRV Application with PGWP passport stamping 2017

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
I applied online and received passport request. I then sent over my passport to Ottawa with the prepaid envelope. But my return tracker has still not been activated. Just don't know why it takes that long for simply putting a TRV on my passport...
So i call CIC and they told me the visa was printed on the August 21st so they will mail it soon. He said give them up to 14days!!!

I already booked my flight and hotel because i need a break. So the visa better come quickly. But i have enough time to wait up to 14day

yujia1993

Mar 9, 2017
My timeline:
Applied for TRV on 31/Jul/2017
Received Passport request on 10/Aug/2017
Passport sent to Ottawa on 10/Aug/2017
Passport reached to Ottawa on 14/Aug/2017
No update since then..
My status on cic was updated last Friday. I can see the TRV information on my page. But I still haven't receive my passport yet. I will let you know once my tracker is activated.

yujia1993

Mar 9, 2017
So i call CIC and they told me the visa was printed on the August 21st so they will mail it soon. He said give them up to 14days!!!

I already booked my flight and hotel because i need a break. So the visa better come quickly. But i have enough time to wait up to 14day
Hope you will get your passport soon!!

prathmesh770

Jun 22, 2016
My status on cic was updated last Friday. I can see the TRV information on my page. But I still haven't receive my passport yet. I will let you know once my tracker is activated.
Yeah please let me know once it is activated. It will be of great help to me as I wish to travel next week and I can do packing in advance once I know that your passport dispatched from Ottawa because our timelines are same and my passport will be dispatched approximately at the same time.

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
No it is not there. So I went to Canada post and they told me that they don't keep tracking numbers because it is against their policy.
What type of crap is that? The people you used to send it cannot tell you what # is on the prepaid envelope they sold you on the said date???

prathmesh770

Jun 22, 2016
Did you buy a return envelope? And pit it in the envelope you sent to Ottawa?
Yes I put it inside but forgot to note down the tracking number. It slipped my mind. So I went there next day with my receipt and they told me they dont keep any tracking id because it is privacy policy. I was so angry but I am helpless now. I want to travel next week but I dont know if I should pack things or not as I may have to cancel travel if Passport comes very late. I hope yujia1993 tells me when her tracking ID is activated.

yujia1993

Mar 9, 2017
Yeah please let me know once it is activated. It will be of great help to me as I wish to travel next week and I can do packing in advance once I know that your passport dispatched from Ottawa because our timelines are same and my passport will be dispatched approximately at the same time.
No problem. I will let you know!

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
Yes I put it inside but forgot to note down the tracking number. It slipped my mind. So I went there next day with my receipt and they told me they dont keep any tracking id because it is privacy policy. I was so angry but I am helpless now. I want to travel next week but I dont know if I should pack things or not as I may have to cancel travel if Passport comes very late. I hope yujia1993 tells me when her tracking ID is activated.
Can you email CPC Ottawa? Re: Urgent travel Plans see if they will expedite the passport?

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
Would that work? Wow I never thought of it. Thanks dear. I will mail them.
I just got an email from them and they will post my passport shortly.

Email them at: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

Put your date of birth, full name, client #. If you have your tracking # used to send the passport send that too. Explain the situation. Mark subject urgent

See how far you get with that.

NixonX

Aug 15, 2017

Put your date of birth, full name, client #. If you have your tracking # used to send the passport send that too. Explain the situation. Mark subject urgent

Please let us know when you find out if your passport is shipped or not ! Im currently in the same boat as you !
Passport got delivered on the 22nd Aug... and hoping to have it back before the first since I have some travel plans coming up

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
Please let us know when you find out if your passport is shipped or not ! Im currently in the same boat as you !
Passport got delivered on the 22nd Aug... and hoping to have it back before the first since I have some travel plans coming up
Well i emailed Ottawa. They said it will be shipped soon. I also email cic and from the email visa was issued August 15th and they have not shipped the passport yet. I am assuming they are having sone sort of issue up there!!!!

prathmesh770

Jun 22, 2016

I emailed them today just as you told me with all my necessary information and 'Urgent' in subject line. Let's see if they do something. I talked with CIC agent today on phone, she told me that the TRV is usually put in the Passport in 2 weeks once they get the Passport.