+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Within Canada TRV Application with PGWP passport stamping 2017

yujia1993

Mar 9, 2017
Hi all,

Does anyone know how long does it take Ottawa to stamp TRV on the passport? I sent my passport for stamping and it was received on August 14. My status on "my cic" was changed to approved on August 18. However, my prepaid envelope's tracking still has not been activated. I am really worried since I need my passport to for my trip. Does anyone apply TRV recently? What do your timelines look like? Thanks!

Reactions: prathmesh770

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
Im in the same boat. I send mine on August 2 and until now. I sent them a case specific enquiry and no reply!!!

yujia1993

Mar 9, 2017
Im in the same boat. I send mine on August 2 and until now. I sent them a case specific enquiry and no reply!!!
You sent your passport for stamping as well? When did they received it? Has your status in cic changed to "Application status A final decision has been made. Please see the final decision below." I can also see my TRV's information in my cic but my return tracker is still not activated.

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
They receive it on August 2.

They dont stamp a visa they put a TRV in the passport. Which is a multiple entry visa for the duration of my Work permit

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
I cannot link the application on my CIC but they are long passed applications received on 27th July. Thr processing time is 16 days

yujia1993

Mar 9, 2017
They receive it on August 2.

They dont stamp a visa they put a TRV in the passport. Which is a multiple entry visa for the duration of my Work permit
Yeah that's what I mean by "stamping" :) To put a TRV in the passport. It seems that it takes them forever to send back passports...

yujia1993

Mar 9, 2017
Send the a case specific enquiry if its pass the 16days. Or did you apply online
I applied online and received passport request. I then sent over my passport to Ottawa with the prepaid envelope. But my return tracker has still not been activated. Just don't know why it takes that long for simply putting a TRV on my passport...

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
I am sent them an email and no response yet. They dont understand people worry especially when they send an important document like our passports.

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
Maybe your passport is just in the que for 16days because how do they know what is passport requested and those just making a paper application?

Unless they tell you to send it to a special address?

prathmesh770

Jun 22, 2016
Hi all,

Does anyone know how long does it take Ottawa to stamp TRV on the passport? I sent my passport for stamping and it was received on August 14. My status on "my cic" was changed to approved on August 18. However, my prepaid envelope's tracking still has not been activated. I am really worried since I need my passport to for my trip. Does anyone apply TRV recently? What do your timelines look like? Thanks!
We are on the same timeline then. Even my passport reached Ottawa on 14 Aug. I haven't yet received any update other than that said my application was approved but we are reviewing your eligibility. Tell me if you get any update. Especially tell me when your return tracker of Xpress post gets activated because I forgot to note down my return envelope tracking number and dumb Canada post employee did not even tell me about it.

prathmesh770

Jun 22, 2016
My timeline:
Applied for TRV on 31/Jul/2017
Received Passport request on 10/Aug/2017
Passport sent to Ottawa on 10/Aug/2017
Passport reached to Ottawa on 14/Aug/2017
No update since then..

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We are on the same timeline then. Even my passport reached Ottawa on 14 Aug. I haven't yet received any update other than that said my application was approved but we are reviewing your eligibility. Tell me if you get any update. Especially tell me when your return tracker of Xpress post gets activated because I forgot to note down my return envelope tracking number and dumb Canada post employee did not even tell me about it.
It is usually on your receipt.

jatin871

Aug 22, 2017
hi all is there any way to get passport from embassy if need to travel some other country during processing time

Lanina

Apr 10, 2017
hi all is there any way to get passport from embassy if need to travel some other country during processing time
You can email them and state that it is urgent. When my grandmother died last year i put DEATH IN MY FAMILY in the subject box and they issued the visa right away. I had just sent off my passport and they pulled my application forward.

CPC Ottawa were great!!