+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdrawn from college - when can i leave

AGoodSoul

Star Member
Jul 5, 2015
I have voluntarily withdrawn as the course doesnt align wuth my goals.
Can i leave in a month.. it takes a while to get refunds, close bank account etc.
I have a TRV valid for one year. Admission is cancelled.

Seniors pls advise..

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
As you have withdrawn from your course the college/university will inform IRCC and your study permit will be cancelled along with your TRV.
Finish your chores and you are good to go.
You have made your decision no amount of advice from seniors matter now.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
I would suggest you leave as soon as you clear all your formalities as you currently have no status in Canada. Your TRV would be no longer valid since you withdrew from your course.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Can i leave in a month.. it takes a while to get refunds, close bank account etc.

Seniors pls advise..
As far as I know your (Edit : Study permit and not trv) will be invalid in 90 days. You need time to wrap up things here. A month is more than enough to do so.

All the best for your future

Last edited:
Reactions: AGoodSoul

napnusion

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014

Seniors pls advise..
Sorry to hear that you're leaving.

Hopefully, you would already know how to close everything.

One more thing for TRV (visa in your passport), you can apply for its cancellation by submitting your passport at your VFS.
This will officially void your visa. Many students have done the same.

For GIC refund (if you have) you need to check ScotiaBank's website, they have the procedure explained intricately.

Also, for study permit cancellation, I don't how that really works, whether its gets invalid automatically or you have to manually cancel the permit. For that, you need to ask someone else.

Reactions: AGoodSoul

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
No need to submit passport to anybody given everything will simply expire or at least in the case of the study permit it should get cancelled if the college reports to IRCC for non attendance.

All you really need to do is leave the country in a reasonable time do not get into an overstay and if you decide to come back either as a visitor,study or even PR in the future ensure you declare previous visa/permit applications.

AGoodSoul

Star Member
Jul 5, 2015
Thabk you everyone for being a pillar of support :)

I hope Canada has more people like you who are kind and helpful ,selfless even. Unlike others who lash people going hru problems.

God bless you all.

Yes I'm wrapping up things and craving to catch the next available flight as soon as i close all the threads with bank mobilr number, college refund. Etc.

ankush0177

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Jammu
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
No need to submit passport to anybody given everything will simply expire or at least in the case of the study permit it should get cancelled if the college reports to IRCC for non attendance.

All you really need to do is leave the country in a reasonable time do not get into an overstay and if you decide to come back either as a visitor,study or even PR in the future ensure you declare previous visa/permit applications.
Due to unavoidable circumstances,I had to come back to India from Canada right after landing in Canada in December.My study visa and study permit is valid till September 2020 and I,now,have taken admission CEGEP,paid the fees and also done with the CAQ.So,I wanted to know how to proceed.Do I need to apply for a new study visa or I can land in Canada with the same visa and get it extended while in Canada? I'll be highly thankful to you if you can help me with this. I've updated the new DLI on the CIC portal though.