File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So even if i had US visa i wouldnt be able to go to US? Also what happens to the visas if i had canadian visa as well?
If you hold a US visa that is still valid, then you could try seeing if entering the US is possible. It will be up to the US if they admit you. I would say that's certainly far from guaranteed given your status in Canada.

There's a good chance your Canadian visa has been canceled as a result of the refugee claim. Even if it's still valid, this doesn't give you status in Canada.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
So even if i had US visa i wouldnt be able to go to US? Also what happens to the visas if i had canadian visa as well?
Your Canadian TRV is cancelled after your refugee claim, and if you dont fall under definition of “essential travel” by the US, they will most likely not admit you by land.

Carlmora

Apr 12, 2021
If you hold a US visa that is still valid, then you could try seeing if entering the US is possible. It will be up to the US if they admit you. I would say that's certainly far from guaranteed given your status in Canada.

There's a good chance your Canadian visa has been canceled as a result of the refugee claim. Even if it's still valid, this doesn't give you status in Canada.
So it means USA has information about my status here? I thought that the passport would not show evidences of my claim.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So it means USA has information about my status here? I thought that the passport would not show evidences of my claim.
The US and Canada share immigration information. The US will know.

Reactions: Carlmora

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
The passport doesn’t physically show any record of your claim, but your immigration history is readily available to US immigration officials.

Reactions: Carlmora

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What happens if there is a negative decision during the hearing? is it not the same?
The same as what? I'm not sure I understand your question.

Carlmora

Apr 12, 2021
The same as what? I'm not sure I understand your question.
sorry. is it not the same as withdrawing? I meant if you get denied and do not appeal you would have to leave and get the removal which is the same process and same consequences as withdrawing. wouldn't be??

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
sorry. is it not the same as withdrawing? I meant if you get denied and do not appeal you would have to leave and get the removal which is the same process and same consequences as withdrawing. wouldn't be??
Yes if you dont appeal you will have to leave, and i guess you dont want to go back to the country you are facing persecution, which was the reason for your refugee claim at first place

Carlmora

Apr 12, 2021
Yes if you dont appeal you will have to leave, and i guess you dont want to go back to the country you are facing persecution, which was the reason for your refugee claim at first place
but it means it is the same process for leaving? they give you your documents at airport and all the same with visas and other countries my see that you were refused to stay here. ?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
but it means it is the same process for leaving? they give you your documents at airport and all the same with visas and other countries my see that you were refused to stay here. ?
The difference is you abandon rights to appeal, thats not the same thing as those who appeal, apply for ppra or h&c. Negative outcome from your first hearing doesnt mean its all done. Unless you waive those options.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Canada only shares immigration information with certain countries. Not all countries will realize you were removed.

Carlmora

Apr 12, 2021
And what happens with the health benefits? do I lose the benefits the day i withdraw or when i get my documents back and sign the document with the immigration officer? Also about work. if I am working i should stop working the day i submit my withdrawal or i am allowed to work until my departure around a week after that?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
And what happens with the health benefits? do I lose the benefits the day i withdraw or when i get my documents back and sign the document with the immigration officer? Also about work. if I am working i should stop working the day i submit my withdrawal or i am allowed to work until my departure around a week after that?
Everything stop the day you successful withdraw/ send withdraw notification. You no longer become eligible for health benefits and you can not continue to work.