+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdrawing PR renewal to expedite Citizenship appl. Leon plz reply!

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
If they forwarded your PR renewal to local office, and if they told you that your citizenship application has been forwarded to St. Claire to set a time for the test/oath..but nothing can be done until a decision is made with regard to your PR renewal ...NOW Is it possible to withdraw your PR appl. to give a chance to your citizenship appl. to move forward OR will this raise question marks on your appl. and might get it on hold for long?!!

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
Leon, Msafiri, Okk and other experts...please share your feedback on my question! Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If a decision on your citizenship application cannot be made until a decision is first made on your PR renewal application, then withdrawing your PR renewal application will certainly have a negative impact on your citizenship application.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
egyo said:
Leon, Msafiri, Okk and other experts...please share your feedback on my question! Thanks
Did you get your GCMS notes? Doesn't matter if you withdraw your PR application - there is an immigration verification going on for both citizenship and PR renewal applications. Maybe the consultant you used for PR renewal is one on the CIC 'target list' for residence fraud in which case this is a long haul. That your active presence is hard to prove is an added issues if this goes before the Citizenship Judge.

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
@ Msafiri THANK you so much for your response. I really appreciate it. But I am trembling at the idea that the "consultant I used for PR renewal is one on the CIC 'target list' for residence fraud" Actually, after he sent our application it has been returned to his office for missed info and he filled it out and resent without letting us know about that...and I discovered that through my follow up with CIC. Do you think there is a way to approach the CIC in this regard and make sure that our case won't be affected by being the customers of this consultant?!! I already changed the address to mine, however, he still received some communication from CIC on our behalf...I called CIC tons of times to make sure that this won't happen again...but it seems this is unattainable :(

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should get your GCMS notes to see what the issue is. You need to cancel being represented by the Consultant in writing to CIC - mail the letter registered. What was the missing info? Was there a discrepancy in claimed days for PR renewal? How many days are in this difference and does it take you over 730 days?

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
Thanks Msafiri! Actually, I don't know how to order the GCMS notes! Any idea how to do that please. Of course I am going to cancel being represented by this consultant...Any recommended form in this regard?!...should I send the letter to CIC or to the local office where is the file is being processed right now?! He didn't tell me about what info was missing. I tried to get it from CIC by calling the call centre but in vain. I have completed more than four yrs of residence in ON. Thanks for all your help!

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
@ Msafiri One more question: Do you recommend going to a lawyer and taking a legal action with regard to my PR renewal application...since we do have a very straightforward application and no clear reason behind this delay?!! I just called an office for a famous lawyer in Toronto and they said they can send a formal letter to CIC about my case and follow up with them...what do you recommend?! Will it have any negative impact on my application?! Thanks

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
egyo said:
Thanks Msafiri! Actually, I don't know how to order the GCMS notes! Any idea how to do that please. Of course I am going to cancel being represented by this consultant...Any recommended form in this regard?!...should I send the letter to CIC or to the local office where is the file is being processed right now?! He didn't tell me about what info was missing. I tried to get it from CIC by calling the call centre but in vain. I have completed more than four yrs of residence in ON. Thanks for all your help!
ATIP - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/

Mail to both Sidney and local office - no special format as long as its clear you are cancelling the representation. So your consultant submitted an application that you have no knowledge of what it entailed? Did you at least keep a copy of what you gave him to submit. If I was CIC this would seem suspect that a consultant submitted an application that you lack information on but then you call CIC to change details. Depending on the paperwork you signed with the consultant there may be a breach of contract and you could end up paying fees. Ask for your physical files so you can see what CIC received.

egyo said:
@ Msafiri One more question: Do you recommend going to a lawyer and taking a legal action with regard to my PR renewal application...since we do have a very straightforward application and no clear reason behind this delay?!! I just called an office for a famous lawyer in Toronto and they said they can send a formal letter to CIC about my case and follow up with them...what do you recommend?! Will it have any negative impact on my application?! Thanks
Up to you but the lawyer can't change your circumstances or what was declared. How is it straight forward if you don't know what was submitted and changed? Why isn't the consultant giving you a copy of what was submitted. You need to be clear what it is the lawyer is doing for you. Is it just a what is the status letter? Or is it hurry up and complete this application? CIC will just write back and say the case is under residence review. I recall that you have been self employed since landing with a small business turnover...did CIC send you an RQ for the PR renewal. No impact on any of your follow up by CIC - they won't hunt you down if that's what you fear.

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
The consultant didn't tell me about the missed info in the first time..he said just a missed date on it. I revised the application before sending it out and I believe there was no missed dates or info there...I still don't know how to get reliable info in this regard. I cancelled my authorization to this consultant today and asked a lawyer to follow up with CIC in case that consultant made any mess into my application. I haven't received any RQs till the moment but received FP for my citizenship application...the lawyer thinks that this is a bit strange; I mean to have FP without RQ prior to it and thinks that I might get the RQ anytime soon.