+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdrawing PR Card Renewal Application AFTER CIC Inadmissibility Notice

76Fiddlers

Aug 3, 2012
Is it too late?

My PR card renewal application evoked a stern reply from CIC that my family and I are "INADMISSIBLE" ... and that further action will be taken by the 'Minister's Delegate'

Is it too late to request them to forget it... trash it?

I mean, can I simply write to them to ask for withdrawal of my PR card renewal application (maybe to file it AFTER I have fulfilled Residency requirements?)

Or... they going to kick us out anyways, since they now know..!?

Solicit your advice, please.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

76Fiddlers said:
Is it too late?

My PR card renewal application evoked a stern reply from CIC that my family and I are "INADMISSIBLE" ... and that further action will be taken by the 'Minister's Delegate'

Is it too late to request them to forget it... trash it?

I mean, can I simply write to them to ask for withdrawal of my PR card renewal application (maybe to file it AFTER I have fulfilled Residency requirements?)

Or... they going to kick us out anyways, since they now know..!?

Solicit your advice, please.
1. Too Late, CIC knows you didn't meet your Residency Requirement, and it appears that they intend to report you. You can't withdraw now.

L7

Star Member
Sep 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"INADMISSIBLE" this cannot be happened simply on noncompliance of residency obligation. There must be something else in your application that triggers this inadmissibility. First get cause of the issue then go for solution.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

L7 said:
"INADMISSIBLE" this cannot be happened simply on noncompliance of residency obligation. There must be something else in your application that triggers this inadmissibility. First get cause of the issue then go for solution.
All Immigration reports, where a person is in violation of the Act or the Regulations are called Inadmissibility reports. A report under Section 44(1)

L7

Star Member
Sep 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks PMM.

A report under section 44(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act has been or
may be prepared alleging that you may be inadmissible to Canada under paragraph
36(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, because of your criminal
conviction under section of the Criminal Code for.
Insert IRPA wording here

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

L7 said:
Thanks PMM.

A report under section 44(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act has been or
may be prepared alleging that you may be inadmissible to Canada under paragraph
36(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, because of your criminal
conviction under section of the Criminal Code for.
Insert IRPA wording here
Actually the Act says:

Preparation of report

44. (1) An officer who is of the opinion that a permanent resident or a foreign national who is in Canada is inadmissible may prepare a report setting out the relevant facts, which report shall be transmitted to the Minister.

IT doesn't only refer to criminality.

dmrsoni

May 27, 2013
Re: Withdrawing PR Card Renewal Application

Hi all,

I recently filed my pr card application in april last week to find out that I was short of 10 days in meeting residency obligation for 730 days.

My question is whether withdrawal of applicaiton is possible and for what reasons? I called CIC to see If I can withdraw and they said that I will need to provide reasons.

My file is not yet in process.

Yours kind response or insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
DMR

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

dmrsoni said:
Hi all,

I recently filed my pr card application in april last week to find out that I was short of 10 days in meeting residency obligation for 730 days.

My question is whether withdrawal of applicaiton is possible and for what reasons? I called CIC to see If I can withdraw and they said that I will need to provide reasons.

My file is not yet in process.

Yours kind response or insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
DMR
So it sounds like you just alerted immigration to the fact that you do not meet the residency requirements. You have two options now. Either you withdraw your application or you wait and see what they do to you. If you are in Canada, they may call you for an interview and they may allow you to keep your PR in the end because you are only 10 days short but it may take a long time. IMO, you are better off withdrawing now, waiting until you meet the requirements + 30 days and then apply again.

dmrsoni

May 27, 2013

Thanks for your quick response. When I called, I told her that i would like to withdraw for personal reasons. I am going to send them letter today itself by courier. Can you advise me if you have any idea about how long it takes to get a response from CIC of when they advise of our withdrawal status.