+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdrawing PR card application

mosht

Nov 19, 2012
Hello all,

I have been a PR for almost five years. I did not travel abroad since becoming a PR. I read on this forum that it is not obligatory to renew the PR card unless someone wants to travel abroad. I did not know that, so, I sent my application to renew my PR card almost a month ago. Now, I changed my mind and I decided not to renew my PR card because I don’t have any travel plans for the foreseeable future and because I have a citizenship application in process. Can I withdraw my PR card renewal application? What do I need to mention as the reason for withdrawing my application? I appreciate your answers.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mail a letter withdrawing the application no reason required. You may or may not have a flag on your file for future applications...it appears that those who withdraw citizenship applications usually get RQ'd or a session with a Citizenship Judge...its no clear cut if this applies to withdrawn PR Card renewals.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why do you want to withdraw it anyway? You want the 50 bucks back?

I think you are better off just to let it roll. You will get your new PR card which can be good if you need to travel on short notice, especially if your citizenship application drags on.