+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdrawing and reapplying for student Visa

vb38834

Jan 16, 2016
As I have mentioned in my prev posts, I have sent my documents and passport to the Delhi embassy Canada and got the tracking number on Nov 20th. Since I have missed my Jan intake, there was no option and I have deferred my admission to May intake. I have sent the new offer letter (hard copy) and a note through VFS to the embassy and also faxed and emailed them the same.

I am planning to wait till 31st Jan and immediately withdraw and apply as a fresh applicant for May intake the moment I get my passport back. Doing this again is waste of money for Visa processing(9K approx INR), as I am left with no option.

Please share any suggestions or experiences on my approach.

Beckyem

Aug 16, 2015
Hello Buddy,you dont need to withdraw your application even if you dont hear from CIC after 31st. So far you have updated your application with the new offer letter,they will work on that and you can start your course by May,so you dont need to withdraw or cancel. best of luck

vb38834

Jan 16, 2016
Thanks for the reply, I think you did not completely understood the situation. I am in India and still waiting for the Visa. Its been 60 days and no update on the Visa yet. So not sure what should I do, do I need to wait or withdraw my passport and reapply.

Loosing hopes as the days are passing.

pzz

Star Member
Dec 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2016
vb38834 said:
Thanks for the reply, I think you did not completely understood the situation. I am in India and still waiting for the Visa. Its been 60 days and no update on the Visa yet. So not sure what should I do, do I need to wait or withdraw my passport and reapply.

same situation here, Have you been asked for medical yet? or you did pre-medical? Is the letter of acceptance conditional one (like degree certificate to be submitted to the university,etc)?
I had sent a request letter informing them I can continue the ongoing session in the university if I can make it there by Feb 1. But it looks impossible now. My university will send me new admission letter for May in a few days. So, i am planning to send the new acceptance letter to the High commission. I think, you don't need to withdraw unless you had done some terrible mistake while applying previously.

Beckyem

Aug 16, 2015
vb38834 said:

I understand your situation,i'll advice you not to withdraw your application,wait till you get your passport with,so far you have updated them with new letter,they will work on it. There are people on here still waiting for visa like you,people who applied since Oct,Nov..You can try to send a case enquiry about your application since it has passed normal processing time. Just be hopeful. Its better late than never

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

vb38834 said:
As I have mentioned in my prev posts, I have sent my documents and passport to the Delhi embassy Canada and got the tracking number on Nov 20th. Since I have missed my Jan intake, there was no option and I have deferred my admission to May intake. I have sent the new offer letter (hard copy) and a note through VFS to the embassy and also faxed and emailed them the same.

I am planning to wait till 31st Jan and immediately withdraw and apply as a fresh applicant for May intake the moment I get my passport back. Doing this again is waste of money for Visa processing(9K approx INR), as I am left with no option.

1. There is no provision of withdrawing the study permit application. You can only ask for return of PP via VFS.
2. Make no sense to submit a letter of deferral (new LOA) if there is no request from the CIC.

luvanuj

Jul 14, 2011
Toronto
vb38834 said:

Try sending a case specific enquiry to CIC delhi. Ask them for an update if the processing time has passed. But do not withdraw the profile till you hear back.

pzz

Star Member
Dec 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2016
J5M said:
Hi,

1. There is no provision of withdrawing the study permit application. You can only ask for return of PP via VFS.
2. Make no sense to submit a letter of deferral (new LOA) if there is no request from the CIC.
What if the previous letter of acceptance was condtional, and the new letter of acceptance(deferral letter) is unconditional one?