+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdrawal Refugee Claim

Natasha_78

Apr 28, 2011
Is it smart to withdrawal a refugee claim? Came as a visitor 4 years ago, six months into my visit to Canada claimed Refugee Status, is it smart to withdrawal now and go back home? I come from a VISA Exempt country - will i have problems ever coming to visit canada in the future? How long should i wait before i come back and visit?

rob21

Nov 26, 2009
Why do you want to withdraw it? Chances are it will have an effect if you visit again because they may look at it as you were trying to play the system with a non-legit claim and that you may attempt to do the same thing next visit.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its better to go back, you anyway have a mark on your file thats going to stay for a long time unless you decide to come with a fake passport and fake id

Natasha_78

Apr 28, 2011
I want to go back cause i know that i have no chance at Refugee Status and was told that if i stay until the hearing and get denied then i will be 'deported' and that is worse than if i withdrawal my claim now. My lawyer says that if i withdrawal that i won't have problems visiting Canada....this is what puzzles me cause everyone else seems to say that I will have a hard time coming back either way.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not sure if your lawyer is thinking logically check his credentials please to make sure he has a degree in law. Put yourself in the shoes of an immigration officer. If you know that a person who has filed a refugee claim before and now wants to come to Canada as a visitor wouldn't you think twice and wonder why you should give him a visa to visit. Clearly if his intention initially was to file for refugee.