+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdrawal processing time for visitor visa

vmuraliky

Oct 25, 2019
Dear member,

I had applied visitor visa for my dependents - wife and kid. Thought IRCC would be giving priority to immediate family but they didn't.
In India, biometrics are not opened for visitor visa category. Not sure when they would be opening. It is opened for Open work permit.

My dependents are eligible for open work permit. I am planning withdraw visitor visa application now and reapply Open work permit.
Wanted to know what would be the processing time to cancel the visitor visa so that I can apply Open WP. I don't want to be in a situation where I cancel the visitor visa which becomes in-progress and they don't accept open work permit application.

Your guidance would help!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Priority is for immediate family of Canadian citizens and then PRs. Are you a PR? If not, then immediate family is not a priority. When you say dependents do you mean your wife and child are eligible for work permits. Your child would not be. Your child applies for a visitor visa. If your wife applies for a work permit, processing times are about 6 months. They need written authorization to travel.

vmuraliky

Oct 25, 2019
Priority is for immediate family of Canadian citizens and then PRs. Are you a PR? If not, then immediate family is not a priority. When you say dependents do you mean your wife and child are eligible for work permits. Your child would not be. Your child applies for a visitor visa. If your wife applies for a work permit, processing times are about 6 months. They need written authorization to travel.
Thanks for your response!

My child is a toddler and biometrics is not required. You are right, its a visitor visa for child. I believe my child visitor visa gets processed along with whatever visa i apply for my wife.
I am not a PR. I am on a closed work permit. So my wife is eligible for work permit.
Since i applied for visitor visa for my wife, biometrics isn't possible at the moment.
Its been close to an year away from family. I am frustrated with the way the officials are dealing with family related visitor visa.
I am finding ways to get the processing going. So thought of withdrawing visitor visa and apply WP.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You can try but you will be starting from scratch. You have a better chance with work permit than visitor visa for your spouse. Still nee written authorization to travel. When does your work permit expire?

vikramv2

Jan 20, 2021
Thanks for the inputs. I have written an email to delhi immigration team asking for cancelling times. Will keep posted here.
Do you suggest to go for cancelling visitor visa?
Hi , i am in same situation would like to hear from you if your wife open work permit is processed ?

Sharkha

Nov 21, 2017
I am Indian and I applied extended family trv for my fiance who was pursuing erasmus internship in Spain. So i believe that visa will be processed in Paris visa office. Right? But after finishing the internship my fiance will move to another country, and with the updated address the visa office will be in Ankara. Apart from updating the address using Webform, should i also contact the Paris Visa Office to transfer the file to Ankara VO ? Please suggest- thanks in advance for your help.

timeline:
Online application and AOR-2 june 2021
Biometrics request-3 june 2021
Biometrics done and updated to profile-18 june 2021.
No other update yet.
Also filed for gcms notes in the meanwhile.