+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdrawal of sponsorship

SyedRaza

Sep 1, 2009
I have sponsored my wife in 2007 and her case is still in process at Canadian Embassy in Buffalo. I am having serious issues with her and want to withdraw my sponsorship. I need some help. I have drafted the following letter and want to modify it if necessary before sending it to the CPC. Can any one please have a look on it and give me some guidelines or suggest if any thing is wrong in it.

Here is the letter

I am a Canadian Citizen and my particulars are as follows:

My Details

I have applied for the permanent residence of my wife in 2007 and her case is still under processing at the Canadian Embassy, Buffalo NY. My wife’s particulars are as follows:

My Wife details

I am having serious issues and family problems with my wife. It looks like that this relation is failing and I am not sure if that relation is going to last any further. I am also not present in Canada and working in USA. I don’t have any plans to come back to Canada for at least next 3 to 4 years due to my present job.

At this stage, I don’t feel comfortable in continuing this application to sponsor my wife and want to withdraw my sponsorship from this case. i.e. the commitment which I made when I applied for this case that I will be responsible to support her for three years after she becomes the Permanent Resident, I am withdrawing that obligation/commitment now. I will NOT be responsible to support her any more if she gets the Permanent Resident/landed immigrant Status in Canada.

Please consider this application as a request to withdraw my sponsorship from this case. In case, if you grant her landed immigrant status, I will not be responsible if she seeks any form of financial assistance from the Canadian government after landing in Canada as a landed immigrant.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This isn't bad but I would do it a different way. Something like:

Dear ....

Re: Immigration File No. BXXXXXXXXX
Name:
Date of Birth:
Application for Permanent Residence - Family Class Spousal Category

Please be advised that I am the sponsor of the above applicant for permanent residence to Canada. This letter is to inform you that I wish to immediately withdraw my sponsorship of the applicant.

My spouse and I are having serious maritial issues and I no longer wish to support her application to become a permanent resident of Canada. Also, my employment circumstances have changed in that I am currently working in the United States and have no intention of resettling in Canada for at least 3 to 4 years.

Please confirm immediately that my sponsorship of this applicant has been cancelled.

Sincerely,

XX

Now I just made this up out of my head. Whatever you choose to write, send it to both CIC Mississauga and the embassy in Buffalo by fax and by registered letter. GET A COPY OF THE FAX RECEIPT.

You also must know that IF a decision has already been made on her PR application, you can NOT withdraw your sponsorship. So you cannot tell them that you WON'T be responsible for her. It's too late and they don't care what you say. You signed an Undertaking that cannot be withdrawn if a decision has been made.

Good luck.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
rjessome said:
This isn't bad but I would do it a different way. Something like:

Dear ....

Re: Immigration File No. BXXXXXXXXX
Name:
Date of Birth:
Application for Permanent Residence - Family Class Spousal Category

Please be advised that I am the sponsor of the above applicant for permanent residence to Canada. This letter is to inform you that I wish to immediately withdraw my sponsorship of the applicant.

My spouse and I are having serious maritial issues and I no longer wish to support her application to become a permanent resident of Canada. Also, my employment circumstances have changed in that I am currently working in the United States and have no intention of resettling in Canada for at least 3 to 4 years.

Please confirm immediately that my sponsorship of this applicant has been cancelled.

Sincerely,

XX

Now I just made this up out of my head. Whatever you choose to write, send it to both CIC Mississauga and the embassy in Buffalo by fax and by registered letter. GET A COPY OF THE FAX RECEIPT.

You also must know that IF a decision has already been made on her PR application, you can NOT withdraw your sponsorship. So you cannot tell them that you WON'T be responsible for her. It's too late and they don't care what you say. You signed an Undertaking that cannot be withdrawn if a decision has been made.

Good luck.
WOW!!! Way to go rjessome. Nicely put, message is clear and you asked for a response. Sad though when partnerships of any kind don't work out as expected.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
SyedRaza said:
Thank you very much for the letter.

Can you please provide me the fax number of CPC, Missisauga
For Privacy Requests concerning immigration sponsorships, please contact:

Privacy Coordinator
Case Processing Centre Mississauga
P. O. Box 6100, Station A
Mississauga, Ontario L5A 4H4
Tel.: (905) 803-7904