+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdrawal of Online application

canadian787

Oct 2, 2022
I applied online on Oct 1. No AOR has been issued yet. Is there any way to withdraw my application without losing the fees

nlhugh

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
If you're able to send a paper application ASAP using the same payment receipt, and if the AOR for paper is faster than online ones, CPC Sydney will open your paper application first, send AOR for it. And by the time they open your online application, it will be "returned" because of invalid payment receipt, failing completeness check.

Your receipt is like a cheque, once Sydney CPC 'cashed' it to an application, it cannot be used for another one.

canadian787

Oct 2, 2022
If you're able to send a paper application ASAP using the same payment receipt, and if the AOR for paper is faster than online ones, CPC Sydney will open your paper application first, send AOR for it. And by the time they open your online application, it will be "returned" because of invalid payment receipt, failing completeness check.

Your receipt is like a cheque, once Sydney CPC 'cashed' it to an application, it cannot be used for another one.
I suppose this could work. Don’t you think a webform request will work?

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Webforms are taking more than 30 days to respond atm. You'll probably receive an AOR for your online application before then

It's tricky and you might end up losing money if you want to withdraw after you receive an AOR

Reactions: snoopyta

nlhugh

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
The webform will probably work, but you may want to wait until the whole cancelation process completed before you can send a new paper application.

canadian787

Oct 2, 2022
Webforms are taking more than 30 days to respond atm. You'll probably receive an AOR for your online application before then

It's tricky and you might end up losing money if you want to withdraw after you receive an AOR
That's what I thought. Id rather wait a few more months than lose $500. Time to accept my fate and wait

canadian787

Oct 2, 2022
Why did you need to withdraw? If you just need to update some forms that you've submitted, you can do that via webform.
I was thinking about withdrawing the online application and reapplying through paper. Historically speaking, paper apps are processed way faster than online apps

wink

May 25, 2021
I was thinking about withdrawing the online application and reapplying through paper. Historically speaking, paper apps are processed way faster than online apps
It could change anytime, just keep that in mind. Also, at least there is one person reported here that his/her both the applications got cancelled and the person had to submit third application. Just search and read bit more.

Reactions: iceman55