+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdraw profile for better chances of OINP

arjun09

Dec 9, 2019
Hi,

I have read in multiple places like here in this forum and Quora that it is suggested to withdraw the profile if I did not receive a provincial nomination from any province within 30 days of application submission with a good CRS score. I entered the pool in Aug 22, 2019, with CRS score 409 and updated the profile with IELTS that resulted in my score rose to 461. Now it's been more than a month that I got my updated score and I have not received any nomination. So is it better to withdraw my profile and re-submit it? I am afraid to do that unless it is proven that doing this would increase my chances of getting the nomination as it would hurt the profile if the draw ever happens on 461 and have to lose because of my later submission date.

Also what are chances of getting the nomination for score 461?

kingdomchild

Star Member
Oct 11, 2019
Hi,

I have read in multiple places like here in this forum and Quora that it is suggested to withdraw the profile if I did not receive a provincial nomination from any province within 30 days of application submission with a good CRS score. I entered the pool in Aug 22, 2019, with CRS score 409 and updated the profile with IELTS that resulted in my score rose to 461. Now it's been more than a month that I got my updated score and I have not received any nomination. So is it better to withdraw my profile and re-submit it? I am afraid to do that unless it is proven that doing this would increase my chances of getting the nomination as it would hurt the profile if the draw ever happens on 461 and have to lose because of my later submission date.

Also what are chances of getting the nomination for score 461?
I would also like to know. By chance were you selected by now? I am thinking about doing the same thing. Have been in the pool since August 2019

arjun09

Dec 9, 2019
@kingdomchild I have withdrawn the profile and recreated it in Dec. I have received the provincial nomination from Ontario in their Jan 15 tech draw. But I can't guarantee that I have received the nomination because I have re-created it. I took the risk as my score is only 461 and I don't see the current cutoff is coming down, so I felt I don't lose anything.

kingdomchild

Star Member
Oct 11, 2019
Ok great! Well last Friday I withdrew and recreated so just waiting but with the Covid19 crisis I am not sure what would happen