+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdraw PR application

GoingToUSA

Oct 13, 2014
Hi all,

I've got medical & RPRF in the email from Ottawa last week. However, just before that, I accepted a very good job offer from a US company and will leave Canada soon. So to be honest I'm much less interested in PR now, because even I get it, it's very unlikely to satisfy the residency requirement. Also medical costs like $300 so why waste money :)

So, should I just ignore their request & let it expire (so I guess they will refuse my application automatically), or should I proactively request to withdraw and cite the exact reasons mentioned above? I hope I won't be not offending them for losing interest :)

Thanks for your suggestions!

caththisking

Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
Planning in DEC 2015
GoingToUSA said:
Hi all,

I've got medical & RPRF in the email from Ottawa last week. However, just before that, I accepted a very good job offer from a US company and will leave Canada soon. So to be honest I'm much less interested in PR now, because even I get it, it's very unlikely to satisfy the residency requirement. Also medical costs like $300 so why waste money :)

So, should I just ignore their request & let it expire (so I guess they will refuse my application automatically), or should I proactively request to withdraw and cite the exact reasons mentioned above? I hope I won't be not offending them for losing interest :)

Sorry if it hurts but, If I were you I would keep my options open and get PR and never mind spending $300 rather than regret later depending on current North America job market trend. You can practically ignore the request and let it expire so that it will be automatically cancelled.
Again apologies as its my personal view.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
GoingToUSA said:
Hi all,

I already replied in FSW thread.

Yagerr

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar. 20 2014
AOR Received.
April 9 2014
Med's Request
Oct. 4th 2014
Med's Done....
Oct. 9th 2014
Passport Req..
Nov. 10th 2014
By spending additional $300 to leave yourself another option is always good, besides you haven't really started your job in the states yet, there are a lot factors to affect your decisions other
than the Income you get from the company. A lot people actually leave jobs for other reasons although they get paid well. I just quit a job as well recently due to the issue with my senior manager
not because i don't like my job.

So i would suggest you start your job at the states first, you have two month to submit your medical exam, you don't have to even book it now, try the job in the states for couple weeks and then
make your decision. If you do decide to go to the states, withdraw your application is always better than being rejected even for lack of medical results, this is for the sake of your future application,
you never know if you will like to retire in the canda when you are old.

melgirl

Mar 16, 2014
Well in my option... don't give up on the Canadian PR. You will never know what might happen when you get to the US. Right now obtaining you're US green card is a draw of the luck situation. A friend of mine who has been living and working in the US as an engineer as applied countless time for her US green card and still failed the lottery system. Now she is applying for Canada because who wants to give up on all you have worked so hard far? And nobody wants to be living on yearly renewals of US work permits for the rest of their life right? Canada can always being you're plan B if plan A doesn't work out.

Still invest the $300 and do you're medical and the rest that follows, always have a plan cause you will never know! Thats my advice!

Take care and good luck! ;)

MLD84

Mar 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
03-04-2014
Med's Done....
22-05-2014
I found myself in a similar situation and decided to keep the PR application going. The job I took sounded great and it pays well enough, but I'm not enjoying it and don't see myself staying long term. Switching to another US job would prove very difficult so I'm very happy I kept the door to Canada open. As has already been said, you really won't know for sure if it's as good as you hope until you're actually a few months in. If it turns out you hate it imagine the regret you'll have! Unless you really need to save the money I'd pay to keep your options open.

MJ009

Sep 24, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Apr-2014
AOR Received.
08-05-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Applicaation
Med's Request
12- Nov- 2014
Med's Done....
14-Nov-2014, Also paid upfront RPRF on 14-Nov-2014
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
22-Dec-2014
I agree with melgirl. Continue your application with Canadian PR.

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
MJ009 said:
I agree with melgirl. Continue your application with Canadian PR.
Yeah especially you can stay outside of Canada for 3 years and still have PR status, why not use that as plan B for 3 years?