+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdraw passports

AmiraHalw

Jun 16, 2017
Hi,

My family and I (2 adults and 2 children) applied for a visit visa to canada. We submitted the application on 11th May. Today 16th June and we didnt yet receive any update from the canadian embassy regarding our application. The thing is that we are travelling to my home country after 4 days and I am just afraid the passports wont come.

1- Can I go to Abu Dhabi embassy and withdraw the passports?
2- What is the best solution to do to get our passports?
3- it has been more than 30 days now, and in the website it says that the visa needs 26 days- please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

1. You can email the Abu Dhabi visa offices requesting to return your passports WITHOUT withdrawing your TRV applications. Do include copies of your flight bookings + state you will submit your passports when required to make final decisions.

2. Processing times stated on the IRCC website are only estimates, and not commitments.

3. Should you get passport requests when you are in your home country then you can submit the passports to the local visa office there

Cheers

AmiraHalw

Jun 16, 2017
Thanks a lot for your reply.

Just to clarify that my Family and I lives in UAE and I am going to my home country for holidays only that is why I processed my papers in Abu Dhabi Canadian Embassy.

I submitted a request for passport withdraw last Tuesday hopefully I will get it before the coming Tuesday since we are going on holidays on Tuesday itself.

Cheers.

oozz

May 31, 2010

Just to clarify that my Family and I lives in UAE and I am going to my home country for holidays only that is why I processed my papers in Abu Dhabi Canadian Embassy.

I submitted a request for passport withdraw last Tuesday hopefully I will get it before the coming Tuesday since we are going on holidays on Tuesday itself.

Cheers.
How long did it take you to get your passports back?

Uj_ft

Aug 10, 2018
Hi,

My family and I (2 adults and 2 children) applied for a visit visa to canada. We submitted the application on 11th May. Today 16th June and we didnt yet receive any update from the canadian embassy regarding our application. The thing is that we are travelling to my home country after 4 days and I am just afraid the passports wont come.

1- Can I go to Abu Dhabi embassy and withdraw the passports?
2- What is the best solution to do to get our passports?
3- it has been more than 30 days now, and in the website it says that the visa needs 26 days- please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Hey did u get your passport back on time then and did u receive a visa later?

Uj_ft

Aug 10, 2018

Cheers.
Hey did u get ur passports on time ?