+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdraw online citizenship application

Jennifer111

Feb 12, 2022
Hi guys
Does anyone know if I can withdraw my online citizenship application?
I made stupid mistake , forgot to sign my first name on application, only last name and city.
Will it be possible to withdraw my first application and reapply ?
I submitted my application last week
Thanks

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys
I made stupid mistake , forgot to sign my first name on application, only last name and city.
Thanks
Unsure on this. You may have to try to contact them via a 'WebForm'.

THS

Jan 3, 2021
Hi guys
Thanks
I was in same boat 3 months before due to some travelling plan i wanted to withdraw my application. As a first step, I sent refund request online from online account and got refunded next day. After that i sent webform, along with signed withdrawal application, received response that we received your request but also mentioned to withdraw follow the procedure mentioned on website, which I could not understand sine I had already followed the procedure.
But now my travelling plan cancelled and I have sent them a new request that I want to continue and dont want to withdraw and have not yet received any response.
So I am not sure but I feel, instead of withdraw, you can send your updated info via web form and ask them to include, rather than applying again which can further delay your time.

Carlinius

Mar 2, 2018
I was in same boat 3 months before due to some travelling plan i wanted to withdraw my application. As a first step, I sent refund request online from online account and got refunded next day. After that i sent webform, along with signed withdrawal application, received response that we received your request but also mentioned to withdraw follow the procedure mentioned on website, which I could not understand sine I had already followed the procedure.
But now my travelling plan cancelled and I have sent them a new request that I want to continue and dont want to withdraw and have not yet received any response.
So I am not sure but I feel, instead of withdraw, you can send your updated info via web form and ask them to include, rather than applying again which can further delay your time.
What a roller coaster of emotions lol. I can only imagine the pikachu face on the immigration officer after reading about your requests. Hopefully, they will allow you to continue with the application.

mapleee

Feb 7, 2022
Unsure on this. You may have to try to contact them via a 'WebForm'.
you cannot withdraw your application until you received your AOR. Updating or withdrawing applications can only be made after received your AOR. I had the experience using webform but IRCC did not update my files because I did not receive AOR at that moment.

THS

Jan 3, 2021
you cannot withdraw your application until you received your AOR. Updating or withdrawing applications can only be made after received your AOR. I had the experience using webform but IRCC did not update my files because I did not receive AOR at that moment.
Based on your experience for dealing such situation, Would you please advise for my case also, I submitted my daughter online citizenship application 3 months back and 2nd day decided to withdraw application due to sudden travelling plan and ongoing travelling restrictions. Requested online refund and received refund 2nd day in my credit card, same time I sent them webform to inform them that I want to withdraw application.
But now my travelling plan is cancelled and I wanted to continue my citizenship application and have sent them webform 3 days back requested that I want to pay the fee again to continue my application. I feel immigration officer sure will be confused on my withdraw request and then continue request. I have not yet received AOR and have not yet received any response so far. I feel that I have created a mess and can create further delay. Dont know what to do. Please advise

mapleee

Feb 7, 2022
Based on your experience for dealing such situation, Would you please advise for my case also, I submitted my daughter online citizenship application 3 months back and 2nd day decided to withdraw application due to sudden travelling plan and ongoing travelling restrictions. Requested online refund and received refund 2nd day in my credit card, same time I sent them webform to inform them that I want to withdraw application.
But now my travelling plan is cancelled and I wanted to continue my citizenship application and have sent them webform 3 days back requested that I want to pay the fee again to continue my application. I feel immigration officer sure will be confused on my withdraw request and then continue request. I have not yet received AOR and have not yet received any response so far. I feel that I have created a mess and can create further delay. Dont know what to do. Please advise
I would probably say your application would be treated as incomplete and IRCC may return your application. You probably need to send in your complete online application again.

THS

Jan 3, 2021
I would probably say your application would be treated as incomplete and IRCC may return your application. You probably need to send in your complete online application again.
Thanks for your response, finger crossed, let us see.

sinou3939

Star Member
Jun 10, 2020
I think trying to withdraw your application because of missing info on your application is a convoluted idea. You’re probably better off waiting for them to reach out to you for missing info on your application or even if they return just resend with the additional info at that time. Anything you do now will likely only complicate the situation and make your overall timeline longer. Best to wait for them to issue AOR/Ask for additional info/ Or resend if/when they return your app. My 2 cents.

alibaba2021

Apr 28, 2021
Quick question- Why would you withdraw your application if you have to travel? Travel after application is just fine

ishah

Aug 9, 2022
Looking to withdraw my application (AOR on Aug 12, 2022) and submit a paper-based application with the rest of the family now that they are also eligible. Could you please share your experience? What are the steps to withdraw? Also, will I lose my citizenship application fees or can I use the same fees for a paper-based application? Thanks...

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Looking to withdraw my application (AOR on Aug 12, 2022) and submit a paper-based application with the rest of the family now that they are also eligible. Could you please share your experience? What are the steps to withdraw? Also, will I lose my citizenship application fees or can I use the same fees for a paper-based application? Thanks...
This is not as easy and is complicated although not impossible. I would just let it be and yes, you will only get back $100. See here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/paper-online-atip-proof.769064/post-10220187

C00kie

Dec 7, 2022
Hi can you pls tell what happened with your applications Cos I made the same mistake yesterday :(