+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

withdraw citizenship application after PR renewal or before PR renewal?

nkam

Star Member
Dec 20, 2015
folks..
Having been RQed, would it be better to withdraw citizenship application after PR renewal or before PR renewal? will having application for citizenship support my PR renewal application in any way with respect to RO of PR?

nkam

Star Member
Dec 20, 2015
may I have your opinion please to help me decide how to proceed. thanks to you for your contribution

nkam

Star Member
Dec 20, 2015
The main reason is I want to renew my PR card and I thought to withdraw afterwards...
Second, as I am considering allowing the Citizenship application to run its course to have a feel of the process and hearings when I apply next time on completion of physical presence

Can't I withdraw my Citizenship application anytime?

markarbet

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
Hi there,
You can renew your PR while the CIC process your application for Citizenship. You can send all necessary documents to support your RQ. These are two separate processes: PR Card and Citizenship Application including RQ.

nkam

Star Member
Dec 20, 2015
links18 said:
Why are you wanting to withdraw your application just because you got an RQ?
This is because my physical prescence is brought into question and I am finding it very hard to prove it as I lost my passport for the period which immeditaely triggered RQ and 0520 and a hell of paperwork..

nkam

Star Member
Dec 20, 2015
markarbet said:
Hi there,
You can renew your PR while the CIC process your application for Citizenship. You can send all necessary documents to support your RQ. These are two separate processes: PR Card and Citizenship Application including RQ.

Thanks for your response,
don't you think the documents submitted for citizenship will habe bearing on the PR application. Will they read both applications citizenship and PR together?
Because I was RQed, I feel that unless I submit my RQ docs first, a PR application will be RQed as well..any thoughts

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As far as I know if u withdraw citizenship application u might lose right to appeal it's not like withdrawing pr renewal application so think twice before withdrawing

nkam

Star Member
Dec 20, 2015
Hi there!

I am in very much the same situation, if citizenship application is withdrawn, there is nothing to appeal..isn'it?
Do you mean appeal a future citizenship application?

toshib

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
nkam said:
Hi there!

I am in very much the same situation, if citizenship application is withdrawn, there is nothing to appeal..isn'it?
Do you mean appeal a future citizenship application?
Appeal to the federal court is possible if you dont withdraw your application, but then appeal is not guaranteed unless if your case is strong otherwise you will waste your time and money,you will need to prove that CIC did a mistake

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes u will lose right to appeal. I agree appeal in federal board is a chance but if ur case is strong they do listen happened with me and I won the appeal. so we can't say federal court don't listen at all if ur case has potential they do. But apart from that to answer the question u will lose right to appeal for future citizenship application...

nkam

Star Member
Dec 20, 2015
Hi Faird,

I am still not clear..
if I withdraw my citizenship application now, I will loose the right to appeal for a future citizenship application which I may make three years later? how current application connects with another maked say in 2018?

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
nkam said:
Hi Faird,

I am still not clear..
if I withdraw my citizenship application now, I will loose the right to appeal for a future citizenship application which I may make three years later? how current application connects with another maked say in 2018?
If you withdraw your application, you will probably get an RQ when you apply again--so what do you lose by sticking it out with your current application and just see what happens? If you think you were qualified, why not see it through?

nkam

Star Member
Dec 20, 2015
Having been RQed and with daunting requests fro entry exit from the Globe, I do not have any hope to get through even though I did the test 20/20. Ultimately, I will never be successful on this application and would appreciate your opinion as regards which is less harmful to my file in future:

1. Abaddon the application - I submitted have the requested documents and do not proceed any further with the outstanding documents and ignore notices from CIC

2. Formal withdrawal by applicant

3. See it through to refusal

Will appreciate your opinion from the perspective pf implications on my future application when I am 100% confident I satisfy all the requirements.

toshib

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
It depends which kind of RQ you got, there is the long one CIT0171 and the mini RQ CIT0520,and it depends what you were asked, but if you dont have any document at all which is requested by cic then you can withdraw your citizenship application and apply later when you satisfy the residency requirements in this case in the future you will need strong evidence like pay stubs, doctors visits history, rental contract, bank statements, etc