+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

withdraw and re-apply procedure (documents back?)

KatiZet

Jun 25, 2019
Hello there,

maybe someone could guide me on this one

Filled sponsorship inland with my bf, didn't receive AOR yet, it should come within 2 weeks or so (sent July). Unfortunately, I would prefer to be back in my country for couple of months (family issues).

As far as I know that would probably lead to rejection, because our application is inland.

We are thinking about withdrawing the app, and either apply outland immediately or re-apply inland in a couple of months - probably the 2nd one, since the Warsaw VO, couple of years ago very efficient, now seems to take forever. And I'm sure that within 3-4 months I could go back to Canada again. I know that even if the app is outland I can be in Canada, but I'd like to work while waiting.

Sticking to the main point:

1. will withdrawal affect the future app? (i know that VO can get suspicious if the relationship didn't break or so, but we will have proofs that it didn't, my bf already said that he'll visit me meanwhile and we also keep communication every day if we're away)

2. is there any chance to get the package back? We could re-use so many documents, notarized statement from landlord confirming cohabitation, certified translations etc.. If the withdrawal comes before AOR, they might have not even open it. We thought about sending a pre-paid return envelope, together with withdrawal letter (which we will also send by webform), and politely ask for return... I tried to look for the answers, and found some guidelines of what happens when sponsor wish to discontinue the app, and if the proceedings for PR not yet begun - it says that 'CPC returns any documents still in the CPC and/or informs visa office of discontinuance'- but did anyone actually experienced that? (also, that doc is pretty old https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip02-eng.pdf)

KatiZet

Jun 25, 2019
anyone? essentially my question is if that can make new application (inland or outland) being processed much longer, if we will have solid proofs that relationship is still ongoing all the time + any chance to get documents back?