+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdraw after procedural fairness letter

Peggy11

Apr 6, 2019
Hi 2 months ago i applied for visit visa to canada, i got a procedural fairness letter including misinterpretation for a criminial charge i commited while i was in canada 25 years ago
My lawyer replied to the letter with a letter from me saying tht my sister filled the application for me and tht it wasnt my intention lying but i thought it woyld be erased from my records since it was 25 years ago
She also included tht i would liks to withdraw my application and get a pardon thn reapply again
Also saying my aunt is in canada and very old tht if i get the 5 year ban, i wont ever b able to see her again
My question is has anyone ever succeeded with the approval of a withdraw after a procedural fairness letter ? And its been 2 weeks since we replied how long does it take to get a reply?
Thnk u fr any help

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Agreed. They’ve already called you out on the misrepresentation. You can try, but it’s entirely up to IRCC if they will allow you to withdraw. Chances are slim to nonexistent at this point.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi 2 months ago i applied for visit visa to canada, i got a procedural fairness letter including misinterpretation for a criminial charge i commited while i was in canada 25 years ago
My lawyer replied to the letter with a letter from me saying tht my sister filled the application for me and tht it wasnt my intention lying but i thought it woyld be erased from my records since it was 25 years ago
She also included tht i would liks to withdraw my application and get a pardon thn reapply again
Also saying my aunt is in canada and very old tht if i get the 5 year ban, i wont ever b able to see her again
My question is has anyone ever succeeded with the approval of a withdraw after a procedural fairness letter ? And its been 2 weeks since we replied how long does it take to get a reply?
Thnk u fr any help
Once you receive a procedural fairness letter it's too late to withdraw your application. The best you can hope for at this point is a refusal with no misrepresentation ban. It doesn't matter who completed the application, you are still responsible for ensuring all of the information in it is accurate. It may take several months to hear a response from IRCC.

Peggy11

Apr 6, 2019
Im sorry to ask but has any of you had an experience like this or with a procedural fairness letter?
I know with procedural fairness letter it takes a few months but with a withdrawal request doesnt it take a few weeks?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Im sorry to ask but has any of you had an experience like this or with a procedural fairness letter?
I know with procedural fairness letter it takes a few months but with a withdrawal request doesnt it take a few weeks?
Once you've received a procedural fairness letter - it's too late to withdraw. So the wait time you are facing is the wait time to process a procedural fairness letter.