+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdraw a FSW application

GoingToUSA

Oct 13, 2014
Hi all,

I've got medical & RPRF in the email from Ottawa last week. However, just before that, I accepted a very good job offer from a US company and will leave Canada soon. So to be honest I'm much less interested in PR now, because even I get it, it's very unlikely to satisfy the residency requirement. Also medical costs like $300 so why waste money :)

So, should I just ignore their request & let it expire (so I guess they will refuse my application automatically), or should I proactively request to withdraw and cite the exact reasons mentioned above? I hope I won't be not offending them for losing interest :)

Thanks for your suggestions!

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
GoingToUSA said:
Hi all,

I've got medical & RPRF in the email from Ottawa last week. However, just before that, I accepted a very good job offer from a US company and will leave Canada soon. So to be honest I'm much less interested in PR now, because even I get it, it's very unlikely to satisfy the residency requirement. Also medical costs like $300 so why waste money :)

So, should I just ignore their request & let it expire (so I guess they will refuse my application automatically), or should I proactively request to withdraw and cite the exact reasons mentioned above? I hope I won't be not offending them for losing interest :)

Thanks for your suggestions!
Option 1) Its better to inform them that you would like to withdraw your file which will be know as you made a decision of withdrawal,
and
Option 2) if you just want to ignore that request then they will reject your application which will know as you PR application got rejected and you will have to mention that including reason of rejection where ever you apply for visa for other country.

P.S. I would say you take PR its just matter of $300 + $490 (I know its not a small amount). You might find it useful in later stage of file, and if you still want to stick to your original decision then go with first option I suggested you.

GoingToUSA

Oct 13, 2014
Goku said:
Option 1) Its better to inform them that you would like to withdraw your file which will be know as you made a decision of withdrawal,
and
Option 2) if you just want to ignore that request then they will reject your application which will know as you PR application got rejected and you will have to mention that including reason of rejection where ever you apply for visa for other country.

P.S. I would say you take PR its just matter of $300 + $490 (I know its not a small amount). You might find it useful in later stage of file, and if you still want to stick to your original decision then go with first option I suggested you.
Thanks man! (Also your reply in CEC forum -- sorry about double-posting there since I felt CEC ppl are more familar with Ottawa office :)