+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

with PRTD wife can land again in canada with dependent child?

Sep 6, 2018
Dear Friends,

Need your valuable inputs in current situation.

My wife is primary applicant and I and our child ( 6yrs old) are dependent on her PR. we all 3 received CoPR ( valid till April 2019) recently and planning to land in Canada very soon.
1. First , my wife and I will land in Canada ( as she is primary applicant, she need to be there with me) and she will come back to India after soft landing ( 5-7 days). I will stay there and look for a job and collect mine and her PR card therein 3-4 months.
2. After 6 months, at end of March 2019, I plan to go back to India ( carrying mine and wife's pr card - I hope I can carry her PR card ......? ) and travel back to Canada as complete family.( we all 3 have to land in Canada before April 2019)

query - Hope my wife can board flight and enter Canada since she would be having her PR card with her , which I carried back to India?
Hope there would not be any issue for our kid as he would be landing first time in Canada as dependent on wife's PR.

Pls suggest

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Dear Friends,

Need your valuable inputs in current situation.

My wife is primary applicant and I and our child ( 6yrs old) are dependent on her PR. we all 3 received CoPR ( valid till April 2019) recently and planning to land in Canada very soon.
1. First , my wife and I will land in Canada ( as she is primary applicant, she need to be there with me) and she will come back to India after soft landing ( 5-7 days). I will stay there and look for a job and collect mine and her PR card therein 3-4 months.
2. After 6 months, at end of March 2019, I plan to go back to India ( carrying mine and wife's pr card - I hope I can carry her PR card ......? ) and travel back to Canada as complete family.( we all 3 have to land in Canada before April 2019)

query - Hope my wife can board flight and enter Canada since she would be having her PR card with her , which I carried back to India?
Hope there would not be any issue for our kid as he would be landing first time in Canada as dependent on wife's PR.

Pls suggest
Hi

No issue with doing that.

Reactions: sharmajoshi0562
Sep 6, 2018
Hi

No issue with doing that.
thanks for the info.

But i read somewhere about PRTD.

so if I am not coming back to India to accompany my family and plan to ask my wife and kid to come from India to Canada in March 19 end then:-

My wife who is back in India after her soft landing in Canada , will need to apply for PRTD?
PRTD might take 3-4 weeks in processing?
and will be valid for single landing at least for 1 year?

So, in this case, with PRTD , my wife can board flight and land in Canada with her Copr letter? since her PR card will be with me in Canada only..
And will there be any issue for our 6 yr old child ( this would be his first landing in Canada ) as he was on dependent visa of wife, who need to travel basis PRTD from India?

Pls suggest

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
thanks for the info.

But i read somewhere about PRTD.

so if I am not coming back to India to accompany my family and plan to ask my wife and kid to come from India to Canada in March 19 end then:-

My wife who is back in India after her soft landing in Canada , will need to apply for PRTD?
PRTD might take 3-4 weeks in processing?
and will be valid for single landing at least for 1 year?

So, in this case, with PRTD , my wife can board flight and land in Canada with her Copr letter? since her PR card will be with me in Canada only..
And will there be any issue for our 6 yr old child ( this would be his first landing in Canada ) as he was on dependent visa of wife, who need to travel basis PRTD from India?

Pls suggest
Yes, she can apply for a PRTD. It can take weeks, it can be single or multiple entry, and it can be valid for a few months or a year.

Or you avoid that hassle and just mail her the PR card.

Sep 6, 2018
Ok.. got it.

Last thing.

there is a risk in mailing the PR card via DHL or other courier..

Also, it is legal to mail some one's PR card via courier out of canada?

Or a better option would be to send PR card back to India with some friend when someone is travelling back to India?

THanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Ok.. got it.

Last thing.

there is a risk in mailing the PR card via DHL or other courier..

Also, it is legal to mail some one's PR card via courier out of canada?

Or a better option would be to send PR card back to India with some friend when someone is travelling back to India?

THanks
Yes, it's legal.

Yrs, also an option.

Reactions: sharmajoshi0562