+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Winter 2021 intake : Study permit - Student Visa

CanadaBowValley

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
Got into University of Calgary for MEng Environmental Engineering.

- Received my AIP on 4th of september for Fall Intake (Deferred to Jan Intake).
- SDS category.
- Medical not updated.
- No consultant (Did everything on my own).
well yes, waiting for biometrics center to get reopen.
Do u have any news regarding that?

SelvanRoss

Sep 17, 2020
Hey does anyone know whether you need to submit your bank account statements and income tax returns under SDS? Or is your college receipt and GIC enough from a financials pov?

kitty11

Jun 4, 2017
Category........
Other
@SelvanRoss I also got a similar question. I'm applying from a different country under SDS and my bank account statements are from a different country. Is it necessary that my bank should be in the same country from where I'm applying?

Rocky261096

Jul 7, 2020

- SDS category.
- Medical not updated.
When did you applied ?

PriyankaPratik

Star Member
Jun 16, 2019

- SDS category.
- Medical not updated.
VFS Centers are closed for biometrics only right? I am planning for May 2021 intake, can i apply for study permit now? please help.

zoetey

Sep 28, 2020
Hi! I had just been accepted in Dalhousie University for Winter 2021 intake and I have some questions about study permit application especially in proof of funds. So basically my studies will be sponsored by my parents but most of their money are in fixed deposits instead of their bank accounts. What do I need to be able to do to use the fixed deposits as my proof of funds? Thanks!

Oreoluwatemi

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Yes
Hi! I had just been accepted in Dalhousie University for Winter 2021 intake and I have some questions about study permit application especially in proof of funds. So basically my studies will be sponsored by my parents but most of their money are in fixed deposits instead of their bank accounts. What do I need to be able to do to use the fixed deposits as my proof of funds? Thanks!
Fixed deposit are done in banks, so all you have to do is get a bank statement Showing the funds.

Petita

Aug 30, 2019
Thank you! But if my parents decided to get a loan instead will it be acceptable?
The VO wouldn't know if the funds deposited to your bank account were borrowed money. This is completely UP TO YOU. Funds in your own bank account are definitely much better. Consider getting a GIC, too.

The only downside I see when you take out a loan for your "proof of funds" is that it MAY be a huge financial burden for you or your family while you're studying. You have to make sure you will survive in Canada. There's no guarantee that you'd be able to get a job to sustain your needs. You have to be financially ready.