+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Winter 2021 intake : Study permit - Student Visa

zoetey

Sep 28, 2020
The VO wouldn't know if the funds deposited to your bank account were borrowed money. This is completely UP TO YOU. Funds in your own bank account are definitely much better. Consider getting a GIC, too.

The only downside I see when you take out a loan for your "proof of funds" is that it MAY be a huge financial burden for you or your family while you're studying. You have to make sure you will survive in Canada. There's no guarantee that you'd be able to get a job to sustain your needs. You have to be financially ready.
Hi thanks for your reply! My parents are considering to get a loan because my dad is at overseas and due to coronavirus, he can’t come back to settle some money problems. That’s why we might have to resort for a loan first for me to use as proof of funds but Im still not sure though since I might have to delay my study permit application

Reactions: Petita

zoetey

Sep 28, 2020
The VO wouldn't know if the funds deposited to your bank account were borrowed money. This is completely UP TO YOU. Funds in your own bank account are definitely much better. Consider getting a GIC, too.

The only downside I see when you take out a loan for your "proof of funds" is that it MAY be a huge financial burden for you or your family while you're studying. You have to make sure you will survive in Canada. There's no guarantee that you'd be able to get a job to sustain your needs. You have to be financially ready.
And sadly I am not sure whether I can apply for GIC because im from Malaysia

Reactions: Petita

Rachel Khan

Sep 28, 2020
Hi, regarding funds home country bank statements are enough or do I need to send my money to CA bank? I'm sort of confused with this requirement.

Petita

Aug 30, 2019
Hi, regarding funds home country bank statements are enough or do I need to send my money to CA bank? I'm sort of confused with this requirement.
Bank statement from your home country is enough. You need the GIC (money in CA) for SDS application.

Atiteb4

Sep 28, 2020
Hi! I had just been accepted in Dalhousie University for Winter 2021 intake and I have some questions about study permit application especially in proof of funds. So basically my studies will be sponsored by my parents but most of their money are in fixed deposits instead of their bank accounts. What do I need to be able to do to use the fixed deposits as my proof of funds? Thanks!
Hello. Please what program are you going for? And is it MSc or bsc?

Nottanyaverma

Oct 28, 2019
Hey does anyone know whether you need to submit your bank account statements and income tax returns under SDS? Or is your college receipt and GIC enough from a financials pov?
I attached my parents' ITRs, FDs statement, One year tuition fee receipt and GIC as proof of funds

nixferns

Aug 26, 2020
Has anyone submitted their study permits after the 15TH of September and received any updates on their file?