+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Winnipeg office processing since Feb 2012

ISK

Dec 29, 2012
My app got transfered to Winnipeg office Feb 20th 2012. Still no letter for my test.
Write in to let know whats going on with your files.

YSP

Oct 25, 2012
Hi ISK

My was transfered to Winnipeg Office June 13 2012, but no letter for test yet.
They told to wait until March 2013..then the call center it will be able to send a e mail to office requesting the test date..

If your was transfered on Feb 2012 you have 10 months..what they tell you when you call the call center??

I believe Winnipeg Office don´t have suffcient number of judges and helpers..The last time I went to the Forks they told it was just one person processing for citizenship, before was 5 people.The goverment cuts costs...this was on april 2012..

YSP

Oct 25, 2012
I really don´t understand why the canadian process for citizenship and permanent resident is awfull.

Can´t believe the Winnipeg office has a part-time judge..nobody wants to work in Winnipeg? Why other provinces has more judges?? Winnipeg doesn´t have sufficient number process for citizenship or permanent resident, or visas??

Maybe when I will be able to vote or even be a MP the situation might change.

Z

zaza39

ISK my paper get transferred to Winnipeg in February 2012 too

I called a couple of times they told me it does not take than 9 MONTHS at the local office.I wrote my test in November and it has been 2 months this week .On the information page in bold " PLEASE DO NOT TELEPHONE OR VISIT OUR OFFICE FOR YOUR TEST RESULTS"

Furthermore, "If you PASS this test you will be notified by mail to attrnd a Citizenchip ceremony.This may take between 2 to 4 months".

However, there are people still waiting more than 4 mths??? why just they just inform us how did we do "OUR 20 MULTIPLE CHOICE??? That stressing people and everyday wondering about the result ( Guess the doctors will see a raise in stress issues in immigrants soon if they do not make things smoother)

May be you will be call for your test soon.I've been through it and know the stress of waiting,waiting and nothing in your mailbox.

Z

zaza39

YSP i agrre with you about the judge for winnipeg. I checked the website for the judges profile but there is none and no Citizenship ceremony for January to so far.

Hope when the judges are done in Ontario, one of them will come to Winnipeg??

ISK

Dec 29, 2012
I just called the call center to ask about my processing and they said everything looked fine and was within normal delay time................ they told me I could call again in april if I hadnt recieved my test date.

gamasa

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the solution never vote for Conservative when you become Canadian citizen

ruth_g

Mar 12, 2013
My file has been transfered to Winnipeg Office, Jan 30/2012, received a letter Feb 20/13 for citizenship test on March 7/2013. I sent my application Dec 5/2010.

note

Feb 27, 2013
ruth_g said:
My file has been transfered to Winnipeg Office, Jan 30/2012, received a letter Feb 20/13 for citizenship test on March 7/2013. I sent my application Dec 5/2010.
Was there any tricky question in your test? I can't remember those French names and dates at all. How was your interview going? Can you post some interview questions if possible?

ruth_g

Mar 12, 2013
I hope I will pass, I answered first the ones which I knew, few questions I wasn't sure of of I had to make a wild guess. Before the test we had to fall in line and have to show original copies (old & new passports), she browsed my old passport and commented that it looked like that I didn't go out of the country at all. It was a very short interaction and she asked me to take a seat and wait for test. We have to get 15/20 and results would be within 2-4 months.

note

Feb 27, 2013
ruth_g said:
I hope I will pass, I answered first the ones which I knew, few questions I wasn't sure of of I had to make a wild guess. Before the test we had to fall in line and have to show original copies (old & new passports), she browsed my old passport and commented that it looked like that I didn't go out of the country at all. It was a very short interaction and she asked me to take a seat and wait for test. We have to get 15/20 and results would be within 2-4 months.
Thanks. Am I allowed to bring my smartphone/laptop with me to the test? I'd like to kill some waiting time if there were any.

Did anyone get the RQ based on your observation on your test day?

Blue_Star

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
note said:
Thanks. Am I allowed to bring my smartphone/laptop with me to the test? I'd like to kill some waiting time if there were any.

Did anyone get the RQ based on your observation on your test day?
I saw so many people brought their smart phone and practicing online test question in the test room while the CIC officers were interviewing others. But I'm not sure about bringing laptop.

ruth_g

Mar 12, 2013
Re- "Did anyone get the RQ based on your observation on your test day?" I didn't even know what an RQ is until I joined this forum. I only noticed some people ahead of me on the line took longer with the CIC personnel than I did.