+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WINNINPEG

turbochrged77

Nov 10, 2015
Getting on to my FIFTH (5) MONTH POST TEST ??? ??? ??? ??? have not heard anything from CIC so far, nothing on eCAS, nothing through e-mail & nothing in my mailbox. ABSOLUTELY ZILCH!!! Who exactly is coming to all those ceremonies lined up in December, Syrian refugees?? Just fed up with this total mis-management from CIC, How the heck did people who applied after me, wrote test after me, become citizen before me, makes absolutely no fuking sense? Looking increasingly bleak to attain citizenship before the end of the year

Can anyone clarify, whats going on or care to shed some light ?

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
I cant really say what is going on with any certainty, but I agree that there are some really puzzling things going on. I suspect that since there is now a rush to finish all back logged applications by the end of March (so they claim) that they are making decisions faster, but the oath scheduling is taking longer. However, if there are people getting the oath who applied after you, took the test after you, etc. is is possible one of your clearances has expired while waiting and thus needs to be rerun? It will take at least a month to rerun an RCMP clearance, probably less for FOSS, who knows for CSIS. If I were you, I would get on the phone to your MP's office soon and ask them to inquire with CIC's MP line. I would also order ATIP every 30 days until you hear something.

turbochrged77

Nov 10, 2015
links18 said:
I cant really say what is going on with any certainty, but I agree that there are some really puzzling things going on. I suspect that since there is now a rush to finish all back logged applications by the end of March (so they claim) that they are making decisions faster, but the oath scheduling is taking longer. However, if there are people getting the oath who applied after you, took the test after you, etc. is is possible one of your clearances has expired while waiting and thus needs to be rerun? It will take at least a month to rerun an RCMP clearance, probably less for FOSS, who knows for CSIS. If I were you, I would get on the phone to your MP's office soon and ask them to inquire with CIC's MP line. I would also order ATIP every 30 days until you hear something.
Thanks for this, Yes, I will be following up with my MP, soon Regarding the FOSS clearance, it should only take them 5 mins to do a re-run. RCMP is gonna be the worst as it expires the quickest and due to the CSIS Act they dont even list or mention anything about the CSIS expiration on ATIP; so ATIP is not going to be of much help. Regardless, I just ordered one.
Will follow up with my MP. I'm also thinking of contacting CIC Minister John McCallum, as I have a federal government job lined up in Ottawa, this January and would like to know if my case can be expedited.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
turbochrged77 said:
Thanks for this, Yes, I will be following up with my MP, soon Regarding the FOSS clearance, it should only take them 5 mins to do a re-run. RCMP is gonna be the worst as it expires the quickest and due to the CSIS Act they dont even list or mention anything about the CSIS expiration on ATIP; so ATIP is not going to be of much help. Regardless, I just ordered one.
Will follow up with my MP. I'm also thinking of contacting CIC Minister John McCallum, as I have a federal government job lined up in Ottawa, this January and would like to know if my case can be expedited.
Yeah, ATIP wont tell you anything about the status of your CSIS clearance. I do know one person whose application was held up a couple of months because of an expired FOSS clearance. Well, at least CIC blamed the expired clearance when this person's MP office inquired. It may only take 5 mins to rerun a FOSS clearance, but someone has to pick the application out of the pile and actually do it, which seems rather difficult for CIC at times.

VNL780

Star Member
Sep 21, 2010
Sent: Feb 2, 2015
Delivered: Feb 5, 2015
AOR: Mar 6, 2015
In Process: Mar 26, 2015
Transferred: May 13, 2015
Test: Oct 5, 2015
DM: Oct 7, 2015
Oath: Dec 8, 2015

Good luck to everyone! :)

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
VNL780 said:
Sent: Feb 2, 2015
Delivered: Feb 5, 2015
AOR: Mar 6, 2015
In Process: Mar 26, 2015
Transferred: May 13, 2015
Test: Oct 5, 2015
DM: Oct 7, 2015
Oath: Dec 8, 2015

Good luck to everyone! :)
Thanks for this. Are you sure about the DM to oath timeline? 2 months from DM to oath? Also, how were you notified of oath? Snail Mail, Email, ECAS? Did snail mail arrive before ECAS was updated? All this information would be helpful if you have it....

VNL780

Star Member
Sep 21, 2010
Yep, exactly 2 months after DM, I was surprised myself based on the waiting times I've seen here from other Winnipeg applicants. I got the letter first in regular mail, and then ECAS got updated two days later.
For all of those who wait, don't worry, it will come to you shortly!
By the way, my friend passed his test in mid July, and today had his oath.

Junelove

Jul 23, 2015
VNL780 said:
Yep, exactly 2 months after DM, I was surprised myself based on the waiting times I've seen here from other Winnipeg applicants. I got the letter first in regular mail, and then ECAS got updated two days later.
You are so lucky! I am March 2015 applicant and still in process! Uggghh... still waiting

umxian

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Junelove said:
You are so lucky! I am March 2015 applicant and still in process! Uggghh... still waiting
Hi, I am March applicant too, IP since April 7. No any contact from CIC. Still waiting for test. I am about to kill someone now. I am so gland see I am not only one.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Frustration is just an understatement. Syrian refugees issue is relatively new problem on horizon, its less than 2 month old.

For the last few years, it seems CIC deliberately delaying, taking almost 3 years even to process straight forward applications. Even on the slightest pretext, they sent RQ's and officially availed themselves average 36 months processing time and then dragged to over 4 years too.

They are some readers on this forum, who stated are residents for over 12 years, senior citizens and never stepped out of the country, yet CIC sent them RQ's and now their processing remained indefinite. Apparently, their past political masters wanted things to go damn slow.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
VNL780 said:
Thanks for this.

VNL780

Star Member
Sep 21, 2010
No worries!
Keep enjoying your very last days of being a permanent resident! I used to think this way, and it helped me a lot with the waiting :)

Alvani, any news for you?

Alvani

Apr 22, 2015
VNL780 said:
No worries!
Keep enjoying your very last days of being a permanent resident! I used to think this way, and it helped me a lot with the waiting :)

Alvani, any news for you?
I'll share my timeline later this month. :)