+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Windsor Citizenship applicants

anumantra

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Does super visa stay count towards physical presence in Canada?
Residence requirement 1: be physically present in Canada for at least 1460 days in the six years immediately before the date of application
Under subparagraph 5(1)(c)(i) of the Act, the first part of the physical presence calculation is that the applicant must have been physically present in Canada as a permanent resident for at least 1460 days during the six years immediately before the date the applicant signed the application.
  • The calculation of physical presence cannot go beyond the six-year period before the date of application.
  • Each day of physical presence in Canada as a permanent resident counts as one day.
  • Non-permanent resident time does not count.
  • Time spent serving a sentence and absences must be subtracted from the total number of days of physical presence as a permanent resident during the six-year period.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/grant/residence/calculate-physical-presence.html

Mexontario

Sep 9, 2020
Windsor, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2014
AOR Received.
04-06-2014
File Transfer...
23-06-2014
Med's Request
23-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2014
LANDED..........
04-04-2015
It does count. Every 2 days is counted as 1 day upto a maximum of 1 year in total. You can use 2 years of super visa stay and that adds to 1 year towards physical presence requirement.

Reactions: nimar_023

Mexontario

Sep 9, 2020
Windsor, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2014
AOR Received.
04-06-2014
File Transfer...
23-06-2014
Med's Request
23-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2014
LANDED..........
04-04-2015
Residence requirement 1: be physically present in Canada for at least 1460 days in the six years immediately before the date of application
Under subparagraph 5(1)(c)(i) of the Act, the first part of the physical presence calculation is that the applicant must have been physically present in Canada as a permanent resident for at least 1460 days during the six years immediately before the date the applicant signed the application.
  • The calculation of physical presence cannot go beyond the six-year period before the date of application.
  • Each day of physical presence in Canada as a permanent resident counts as one day.
  • Non-permanent resident time does not count.
  • Time spent serving a sentence and absences must be subtracted from the total number of days of physical presence as a permanent resident during the six-year period.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/grant/residence/calculate-physical-presence.html
This is for applicants prior to 2015. Law changed in 2017. Read again in the same page of your link.

best_67

Star Member
Oct 10, 2016
Hi Everyone

I applied for my citizenship application in Sep 2020. I and x-spouse separated nov 2020. I got domestic assault against my x-spouse. I did citizenship test july 2021. and then IRCC asked for domestic assault case information in sep 2021. My domestic assault case was withdrawn oct 2021. I sent the court withdrawn letter to IRCC n0v 2021. then after two weeks my background completed nov 2021. Today I got the letter from IRCC that they need my interview on their location, they want to varify all documents which i submitted during my application. Is this new ? I was waiting for my desicion or citizenship oath ceremony but I got this letter title "INVITATION TO AN INTERVIEW WITH A CITIZENSHIP OFFICIAL AND VERIFICATION OF IDENTITY/DOCUMENTS"
Please share your comments for this letter.

Thanks

nimar_023

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Are there any potential issues if the citizenship test is taken outside Canada? Do they give any hard time down the road?

harpreethwalia

Star Member
Dec 27, 2017
Hi All ,
We are going for our Virtual Oath ceremony (still waiting for official email confirmation) next month. Quick question, how do we expedite our citizenship certificate request if Oath is Virtual? I know some mentioned that when in-person, we can request clerk there to expedite such requests

anumantra

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Hi All ,
We are going for our Virtual Oath ceremony (still waiting for official email confirmation) next month. Quick question, how do we expedite our citizenship certificate request if Oath is Virtual? I know some mentioned that when in-person, we can request clerk there to expedite such requests
Hi Harpreet,

Can you please share your timeline?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Everyone

I applied for my citizenship application in Sep 2020. I and x-spouse separated nov 2020. I got domestic assault against my x-spouse. I did citizenship test july 2021. and then IRCC asked for domestic assault case information in sep 2021. My domestic assault case was withdrawn oct 2021. I sent the court withdrawn letter to IRCC n0v 2021. then after two weeks my background completed nov 2021. Today I got the letter from IRCC that they need my interview on their location, they want to varify all documents which i submitted during my application. Is this new ? I was waiting for my desicion or citizenship oath ceremony but I got this letter title "INVITATION TO AN INTERVIEW WITH A CITIZENSHIP OFFICIAL AND VERIFICATION OF IDENTITY/DOCUMENTS"
Please share your comments for this letter.

Thanks
Sounds like they want to verify your passport stamps.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All ,
Depends on your reason for needing the certificate urgently.