+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Windsor applicants????

Rayanesh

Star Member
Jul 16, 2018
Hello all , i’m a windsor applicant & i applied on Feb 01 for the citizenship & it went in process on march 26 & still waiting .. does anyone know here in windsor what month are in now ?

justinline

May 19, 2009
Hello all , i’m a windsor applicant & i applied on Feb 01 for the citizenship & it went in process on march 26 & still waiting .. does anyone know here in windsor what month are in now ?
Last I checked December 2017 applicants were getting their test invite, I saw one guy in early Jan 2018 got invite. Other than that pretty much stuck in Dec 2017.

Last edited:

justinline

May 19, 2009
Man don't forget me....my application went into black hole. I almost made up my mind to send another one. But not sure when it will be.

Looks like the load is heavy for Windsor. Earlier I saw Windsor used to have one or two oath ceremony a month. Now I see four-five a month.

Also earlier Windsor was scheduling test with 2 weeks notice. Now you get invite for next month. Also I saw those who are getting the invite their status is not getting updated, meaning the local case officers are not getting enough time or chance to even update the cases.

Reactions: Rayanesh

Rayanesh

Star Member
Jul 16, 2018
Man don't forget me....my application went into black hole. I almost made up my mind to send another one. But not sure when it will be.

Looks like the load is heavy for Windsor. Earlier I saw Windsor used to have one or two oath ceremony a month. Now I see four-five a month.

Also earlier Windsor was scheduling test with 2 weeks notice. Now you get invite for next month. Also I saw those who are getting the invite their status is not getting updated, meaning the local case officers are not getting enough time or chance to even update the cases.
Oh i keep on tracking my e-case niw seems i should better wait for email or mail :/

capricorrn

Jan 27, 2017
I live in Windsor and I will be applying for citizenship in August. Living in border city, I commute to Michigan everyday for work. Just wanted to check if there is anybody else in a similar situation, how is the citizenship process for commuters - are there any extra hassles / steps to prove eligibility....please let me know.

justinline

May 19, 2009
I live in Windsor and I will be applying for citizenship in August. Living in border city, I commute to Michigan everyday for work. Just wanted to check if there is anybody else in a similar situation, how is the citizenship process for commuters - are there any extra hassles / steps to prove eligibility....please let me know.
There will be some scrutiny, get US entry/exit records and FBI PCC. Be prepared for RQ as well, collect all the documents. Not to alarm you, just in case.
I have not seen any case, applicants got RQ just because they are commuter. But sometimes if you miss even one trip to US or they cannot verify your trips through ICES, they may send RQ.

Anyone get decision made, who took the test in July.

I finally got test date after some confusion, its on 8 August.

Also I don't see any update on ECAS, just got email.

Last edited:

PR1609

Dec 11, 2016
WIndsor, ON
Hello everyone,

I am not sure if a similar topic has been posted before, and I have posted this as a separate thread. But I'm not sure if it's right to post it as a thread, so I'm posting here as well. My apologies for the inconvenience.

I am an Indian citizen, and got my PR through my husband who is a Canadian citizen, in September 2017. However, I also used to visit Toronto from Detroit as a temporary resident almost every weekend to visit friends and family since February 2017. I moved to Windsor in July 2017, and then lived there until July 2018. I work in Michigan, and my visa status in the US requires me to live in the US to be able to work there. I moved back to Michigan with my husband 2 weeks ago.

1. Right now, I have residency in the US, and visit Windsor across the land border every weekend.
2. I have a home that I purchased early this year in Windsor.

I have a few questions that pertain to my citizenship application when the time comes, and hope I get some clarity with this thread here:

1. The most important question - can I count the days I visit Windsor now, as a US resident and a Canadian PR, for my citizenship? Does having a home in Windsor add to my application as an advantage at all, to prove that my life is centred in Canada, and I'm in the US primarily for work? Is it physical presence or residency that matters for citizenship?

2. I recently realized that my short visits to Canada as a temporary resident would give me 0.5 day credit for every day I spent here. Since I didn't know of this back then, I have no personal records on how many days I was possibly present in Canada. Can I get this information if I request for my travel history of entry and exit records from CBSA using the 'Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP) Online Request'?

3. To be able to count my days spent in Canada since February 2017 (on the temporary visa), is it enough that I apply for citizenship by Jan/ Feb 2022?

Thank you everyone for their amazing advice and help here. I've received great help on this forum during my PR application process as well, and hope that this forum continues to flourish this way!

Thanks a lot,

Deepthi

justinline

May 19, 2009
Had test this week, was easy, lost 2 points due to being little cocky.

One suggestion for future test takers, read all the questions properly and read all the options. No need to hurry, you have 30 minutes, you need only 5. So do a once over.

I might get RQ, for US commuters or frequent US travels, one suggestion.... get your FOIA US/Entry exit records in hand when you go for the interview.....the report must cover the entire eligibility period.

The officer was nice, she asked for the Entry/Exit records for US and I said I applied for it, do not have it right now, then I said I can access the I94 records but they are no use as 70% of entries are missing. She concurred, she said I94 records cannot be used most of the time, then I said I can give the waiver for her to access, she said no need. She will try to reconcile with ICES report, if she feels she needs any further documents she will send a mail.....not sure email or post. If everything is fine, she said expect oath invite.

Any one knows, how long it takes to get RQ after test for Windsor....1 week...1 month, just want an idea. Will it be a email or post?

Rayanesh

Star Member
Jul 16, 2018
Had test this week, was easy, lost 2 points due to being little cocky.

One suggestion for future test takers, read all the questions properly and read all the options. No need to hurry, you have 30 minutes, you need only 5. So do a once over.

I might get RQ, for US commuters or frequent US travels, one suggestion.... get your FOIA US/Entry exit records in hand when you go for the interview.....the report must cover the entire eligibility period.

The officer was nice, she asked for the Entry/Exit records for US and I said I applied for it, do not have it right now, then I said I can access the I94 records but they are no use as 70% of entries are missing. She concurred, she said I94 records cannot be used most of the time, then I said I can give the waiver for her to access, she said no need. She will try to reconcile with ICES report, if she feels she needs any further documents she will send a mail.....not sure email or post. If everything is fine, she said expect oath invite.

Any one knows, how long it takes to get RQ after test for Windsor....1 week...1 month, just want an idea. Will it be a email or post?
Congrats , that’s great .. how was the test ? What did u study ? Is it simmilar questions as online tests ?

justinline

May 19, 2009
Test will be easy, just study the Discover Canada well 2-3 times end to end. The Online tests are useful, the content is same or information they look for are same, language will be different.

@pd123

I believe you got RFE from Windsor after test, are you done processing or still in process. Do they send RQ by email or post?