+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Windsor applicants????

nimar_023

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Test will be easy, just study the Discover Canada well 2-3 times end to end. The Online tests are useful, the content is same or information they look for are same, language will be different.

@pd123

I believe you got RFE from Windsor after test, are you done processing or still in process. Do they send RQ by email or post?
Do you mind me asking how many days of buffer did you have?

nimar_023

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
I have 160 days over, now I am thinking should have kept more number of days for buffer.
160 day is way too much, I think. Did you provide any evidence of your presence in & commuting from Canada, like CBSA travel record, NOA, employer's letter etc?

justinline

May 19, 2009
160 day is way too much, I think. Did you provide any evidence of your presence in & commuting from Canada, like CBSA travel record, NOA, employer's letter etc?

I just got my FOIA request, just this Monday. I dint have it in hand when I went for the test and interview. The officer said she may need it if she is not able to reconcile all the dates through ICES. If she requires any documents she said she will mail me. So just waiting for any RQ that comes my way.

Well number of days are dependent on what you can prove. My FOIA request have few holes as well .....but it is much better than online I94 records. If you are regular commuter donot rely on I94 records. Apply for FOIA US Entry/Exit records well in advance.

justinline

May 19, 2009
If anyone has any insights please provide.....

I had test and interview few weeks back, at that time the officer mentioned she might send for more documents if she is not able reconcile my entry/exit dates with ICES. I have been collecting documents for while and still trying to get all sorts of documents for any potential RQ. Today I noticed Decision Made in ECAS.

Does that mean I can stop worrying about RQ and stop collecting documents for potential RQ.

Paulson

Star Member
May 3, 2017
I think my spouse and I are the only one from December still in IP.
Any updates with your application ?

December applicants - two.
IP since March 5, 2018:
Received test/interview invite for Nov 14 through email a while ago today - someone to please update sheet.

A couple of questions here as well:

1. Test/invite info not yet there in ECAS - will this be shown?

2. Have also received a form named ‘Prohibitions Under Citizenship Act’ to be singed and handed over to Immigration Officer on Nov 14 - is it a standard process to receive this form at test/interview stage?

Paulson

Star Member
May 3, 2017
December applicants from Windsor - someone to please update status in the sheet:
1. App delivered - Dec 12, 2018.
2. AOR - Jan 29, 2018.
3. IP - March 5, 2018.
4. Interview held - Nov 14, 2018.
5. DM - Nov 15 (today).
6. # of applicants - 2 (both test exempt)

The IO was nice. The interview was smooth for about 15 minutes. She related PP stamps with the App data, checked IDs, Landing Form. Asked about job and status of kids if they were Canadian citizens too.

Concluding the interview, the IO said that all was good and that we should expect an email for oath invite for Jan 2019.

capricorrn

Jan 27, 2017
Concluding the interview, the IO said that all was good and that we should expect an email for oath invite for Jan 2019.[/QUO
December applicants from Windsor - someone to please update status in the sheet:
2. AOR - Jan 29, 2018.
3. IP - March 5, 2018.
5. DM - Nov 15 (today).

The IO was nice. The interview was smooth for about 15 minutes. She related PP stamps with the App data, checked IDs, Landing Form. Asked about job and status of kids if they were Canadian citizens too.

Concluding the interview, the IO said that all was good and that we should expect an email for oath invite for Jan 2019.
What questions were asked in the interview ? And between March 5 & Nov 15, was there any communication from CIC.

Paulson

Star Member
May 3, 2017
Concluding the interview, the IO said that all was good and that we should expect an email for oath invite for Jan 2019.[/QUO

What questions were asked in the interview ? And between March 5 & Nov 15, was there any communication from CIC.
During this period, FP request was received for me only which was provided within 30 days.
The IO was very nice and conducted the interview professionally. Most part was spent on IDs check, matching PP stamps with the data in our Apps. Few questions about family and job.

Rayanesh

Star Member
Jul 16, 2018
2. AOR - Jan 29, 2018.
3. IP - March 5, 2018.
5. DM - Nov 15 (today).

Hello , how r u ? Did u receive any email for oath ??

Paulson

Star Member
May 3, 2017
2. AOR - Jan 29, 2018.
3. IP - March 5, 2018.
5. DM - Nov 15 (today).

My wife and I took Citizenship Oath today Jan 17th at Windsor.
Our journey to Canadian Citizenship is finally over.
I am wish all Nov/Dec 2017 applicants in-waiting, too will reach their final destination soon.

nimar_023

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Anyone applied on Nov 2018 or after that? We need to keep this thread alive, so we can know when applicants are getting test invites from Windsor office. Thanks

Last edited:

capricorrn

Jan 27, 2017
My wife applied in Oct 2018 and she got the test invite for May 14, 2019. She didn't had to go through fingerprints. I applied in Aug 2018 , submitted FPs in Dec and am still waiting for test invite. One of my friend applied in Sep, 2018 and went through the FP process and is also waiting for test invite.

Reactions: nimar_023

nimar_023

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
My wife applied in Oct 2018 and she got the test invite for May 14, 2019. She didn't had to go through fingerprints. I applied in Aug 2018 , submitted FPs in Dec and am still waiting for test invite. One of my friend applied in Sep, 2018 and went through the FP process and is also waiting for test invite.
I applied on Nov 2018, and it's in process.