+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will your spouse or common-law partner come with you to Canada

NAS29

Star Member
Aug 26, 2018
Hi,
I'm currently in work permit for the last 1.5years and have my express profile created with my spouse and dependent information. This has reduced my score to 420 range and with the current running score of 471+ my hope for getting invited is reducing.

When i choose Will your spouse or common-law partner come with you to Canada as No and change my Express Entry profile my score is getting increased by 30 marks. Is that ok to change the profile after submission like this?

Once i obtained the PR with my score, can I sponsor my spouse and kids later? Kindly suggest.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,
I'm currently in work permit for the last 1.5years and have my express profile created with my spouse and dependent information. This has reduced my score to 420 range and with the current running score of 471+ my hope for getting invited is reducing.

When i choose Will your spouse or common-law partner come with you to Canada as No and change my Express Entry profile my score is getting increased by 30 marks. Is that ok to change the profile after submission like this?

Once i obtained the PR with my score, can I sponsor my spouse and kids later? Kindly suggest.
Yes, you can change your spouse to non-accompanying. 30 more points will not be enough to get you an ITA right now.

Yes, you can sponsor them after.

NAS29

Star Member
Aug 26, 2018
Yes, you can change your spouse to non-accompanying. 30 more points will not be enough to get you an ITA right now.

Yes, you can sponsor them after.
Thank you for the details. We have valid work permit till end of this year and they are all staying with me currently. Is that ok for them to stay till the PR process as they already have valid visitor visa?