+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will work permit arrive itself after medical examination or should I pay my lawyer a fees for that?

Helloeveryone

Dec 22, 2019
I just went for the medical exam few days back and as I remember the immigration office didn't mention anything about the lawyer. I selected work and study permit both ... Do I have to give my lawyer a fee of $1000 to get it as he says?

He said it will take 4-6 weeks!

Helloeveryone

Dec 22, 2019
I just went for the medical exam few days back and as I remember the immigration office didn't mention anything about the lawyer. I selected work and study permit both ... Do I have to give my lawyer a fee of $1000 to get it as he says?

Help!!!

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017

You need to apply work permit on line or even you can send the the paper file .
It’s needs forms your ID passport copy and medical and pics .
You dnt need lawyer if you can fill the form , and there is no fees for the work permit .
And it’s processing time is 96 days .
Try to do your self . Google and take information.

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017
1) yes correct you have to but your passport info (your seized passport is yours, it is temporary seized not cancelled :))
2)are you applying online?
if so then these are the steps:

step 1: goto http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp and fill the questionnaire

for questionnaire these are the importantquestions to get a work permit application correctly:-

Q: How long are you planning to stay inCanada?
Temporarily - more than 6 months

Q: What is your current immigration status in Canada?
Refugee claimant

Q: Which of the following situations applies to your refugee claim?
I have been found to be a Convention Refugee or a Protected Person. Or what ever is per your status here in canada from the given options

Step 2: on the completion of step 1 you will get a CODE, Write it down on a paper

Step 3: create a Mycic account (GCkey signup)
How to create Mycic account:
-goto http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
-scroll down and click on "Continue toGCKey".
- follow the instructions while creating the account and i strongly suggest to write down all the security question and answer at a safe place so that you do not forget what you typed there.
- YOU WILL BE ASKED FOR THE CODE (code given in step 2)

Step 4: Based on your questionnaire you answered in step 1, your Mycic account will automatically be consisting the applicationforms which you have to submit ( download them).
Step 5: upload all the forms once filled/completed,your photo and documents etc whatever is requested in your Mycic account

-uploading supporting documents: scan them all, paste them in a word document file andupload them.
Your identity documents: your passport copy (which you get from CBSA with a stamp), your refugee claimant document, Notice of decision, previous work permit, any of your new ID (driver licence if you have one).

Step 6: once everything is completed Submityour application for processing.

-After submitting wait for the outcome, they willnotify about any updates in your Mycic account by sending you an email.
-you will get your application receipt,acknowledgement of application received and file number almost instantly or in few hours which will help to prove that you have submittedyour work permit extension application.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/work-permit-for-refugees.349343/page-4

Hope it helps, I did copy from this forum

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not sure what your deal is. OP posted the same question twice and then was being impatient and bumped their post when they didn’t get an answer within 5 hours. That is rude. This is a volunteer forum. People shouldn’t be demanding fast answers. If you need fast answer you can pay a lawyer or consultant. Nobody is stopping people from answering. Asking OP to post once. In 3-4 days if they haven’t received an answer post again.

Reactions: jddd

Helloeveryone

Dec 22, 2019
You dnt need lawyer if you can fill the form , and there is no fees for the work permit .
I was told it takes 4-6 weeks (by the immigration officer)

Helloeveryone

Dec 22, 2019
My case has been approved for a hearing, I'm eligible as per my brown paper

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017
Not sure what your deal is. OP posted the same question twice and then was being impatient and bumped their post when they didn’t get an answer within 5 hours. That is rude. This is a volunteer forum. People shouldn’t be demanding fast answers. If you need fast answer you can pay a lawyer or consultant. Nobody is stopping people from answering. Asking OP to post once. In 3-4 days if they haven’t received an answer post again.
Some people are new , they need time to understand forum . Rather then you been rude with him you can answer the question , this public forum for the public , none of us own this forum , so be polite and try to answer , not to be treated like administrators. Dnt take personal
Thanks

Reactions: Helloeveryone

Helloeveryone

Dec 22, 2019
Thankyou everyone for the guidelines.

And I'm immensely sorry for being impatient, I am new to this forum, I don't know the rules. I'll keep it mind now