+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will USCIS allow me to do biometrics without appointment

weirdduck

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
CIC has said that you need an appointment to give biometrics.

I could only book for an appointment two weeks ahead.

I'm kind of in an urgent, will they let me give biometrics by walk-in if I explain them?

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
There are some place you can do without any appointment. Search USCIS application center near you then walk in.

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
Can't find any. I've been trying to find one literally for a week non stop. CIC has list of hundreds of ASC places and all of them require appointment.. I think their policy has changed since November 2..

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/where-to-give-biometrics.asp
Well, Don't go but what CIC website says. Some USCIS application center don't require appointment, I didn't make any appointment, I went to USCIS closer to me and did my biometric by walk in. You can do VAC if they have closer appointment as well.

weirdduck

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
Well, Don't go but what CIC website says. Some USCIS application center don't require appointment, I didn't make any appointment, I went to USCIS closer to me and did my biometric by walk in. You can do VAC if they have closer appointment as well.
I don't understand by "Don't go but what CIC website says". Did you mean to say Don't go by what CIC website says?.

I couldn't find any USCIS that doesn't require appointment. Should I call around? Can I even?

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
I don't understand by "Don't go but what CIC website says". Did you mean to say Don't go by what CIC website says?.

I couldn't find any USCIS that doesn't require appointment. Should I call around? Can I even?
What I meant is that, CIC would say you need an appointment and some application center in USA would say you don't need an appointment at all, just walk in. Just like in CIC website it would say I need an appointment to submit my passport, but I didn't make an appointment I just walked in and I was helped. CIC website is not right all the time when it come to appointments at visa applications in USA.

zainsk

Nov 28, 2019
What I meant is that, CIC would say you need an appointment and some application center in USA would say you don't need an appointment at all, just walk in. Just like in CIC website it would say I need an appointment to submit my passport, but I didn't make an appointment I just walked in and I was helped. CIC website is not right all the time when it come to appointments at visa applications in USA.
What was the center where they allowed you to walk in?

weirdduck

Star Member
Oct 17, 2019
What was the center where they allowed you to walk in?
I went Seattle On December 2th and I was easily allowed in.

It was like this -----------------

Me : Can I give biometrics here but I didn't make an appointment with you guys.
Officer : (Looking at my Biometric instruction letter) Here you have this biometric instruction letter which means you made an appointment with us.
Me : yeah but.....
Officer : go in and give biometrics.
-----------------------------------------
Biometric instruction letter is not a same thing as an appointment letter.

He basically let me in.

I don't know why he said such when I didn't make an appointment. Maybe he simply didn't care about whole appointment thing.

There was also one woman from google review on USCIS seattle saying that they allow walk-in from 8am to 10am.

btw, There were only me and one other guy for biometrics( no queue at all for me). I went there around 9:20 am. Biometric was done, easy and very quick.

CIC website says "appointment only" for biometrics at USCIS location but I think it's different sometimes depends on the location?

I also heard you can give biometrics from inside of Canada from Dec 3th, but I'm not sure if this is true.

All my knowledge is up to date only until December 1th. There might have been a change or adjustment on CIC's policy or whatnot since then.

It's not guaranteed what I'm saying is 100% true. It's recommended that you do your own research as well.

Last edited:

zainsk

Nov 28, 2019
I went Seattle On December 2th and I was easily allowed in.

It was like this -----------------

Me : Can I give biometrics here but I didn't make an appointment with you guys.
Officer : (Looking at my Biometric instruction letter) Here you have this biometric instruction letter which means you made an appointment with us.
Me : yeah but.....
Officer : go in and give biometrics.
-----------------------------------------
Biometric instruction letter is not a same thing as an appointment letter.

He basically let me in.

I don't know why he said such when I didn't make an appointment. Maybe he simply didn't care about whole appointment thing.

There was also one woman from google review on USCIS seattle saying that they allow walk-in from 8am to 10am.

btw, There were only me and one other guy for biometrics( no queue at all for me). I went there around 9:20 am. Biometric was done, easy and very quick.

CIC website says "appointment only" for biometrics at USCIS location but I think it's different sometimes depends on the location?

I also heard you can give biometrics from inside of Canada from Dec 3th, but I'm not sure if this is true.

All my knowledge is up to date only until December 1th. There might have been a change or adjustment on CIC's policy or whatnot since then.

It's not guaranteed what I'm saying is 100% true. It's recommended that you do your own research as well.
Interesting. I may call the center before hand just to be sure because the closest one for me is a 2 hour drive.

zainsk

Nov 28, 2019
I went to the Birmingham, Al center today and they refused to let me give my biometrics.
The officer wouldn't allow me to take my biometrics even though there were only 2 people in the line. I tried to reason with her but her response was, "Even if I wanted to, the system wouldn't let me if you don't have an appointment.", which was total bull.

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
I went to the Birmingham, Al center today and they refused to let me give my biometrics.
The officer wouldn't allow me to take my biometrics even though there were only 2 people in the line. I tried to reason with her but her response was, "Even if I wanted to, the system wouldn't let me if you don't have an appointment.", which was total bull.
Wow, just wow. I guess each states varies.

surojittaurus

Mar 9, 2020
Hi Guys, If I have to take an appointment at an ASC, how do I do so? Is there a link that I can use to book an appointment?
Recently received the letter, asking to submit the biometric.