+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will this program be eligible for PGWP?

deep1992

Sep 4, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
Hello guys,

So I am currently studying Post Graduation in International Business Management which is 8 months program. I am thinking of doing Digital Media Marketing Post Graduation program of 12 months from George Brown College. But it states on the George Brown website that, "The Digital Media Marketing program is offered through a combination of in-class, online and hybrid courses, with approximately 65% of teaching delivered online" So does that mean distance learning if it is 65% online? Will they not grant me a work permit for that program as it is written on CIC website that distance learning is not counted for PGWP. Here is the link to the program:- http://www.georgebrown.ca/B413-2015-2016/

I hope my query gets resolved here. Waiting for replies. Thank you! :)

mek85

Aug 5, 2015
Hi Deep,
No, "The Digital Media Marketing program might not eligible for post graduate work permit. it clearly noted on website as:

"This program is primarily online, with the coursework and instruction offered in a combination of traditional in-class, fully online, and hybrid classes (which combine online delivery with some in-class instruction). Note that approximately 65% of all courses are delivered strictly online. "

so i suggest you to stick with your Post Graduation in International Business Management which is 8 months program. hope this information will help to understand it.