08-02-2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
never received
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2018
Hello,

I have a question because I need some advice in what to do.

In November we sent an application to the CIC (from The Netherlands), but we never got a notice that the package was deliverd. The package was sent on Nov 4, 2017 and entered Canada on the 9th.
After hearing nothing for over a month, we decided to make an extra package and send that from within Canada (We both live in The Netherlands) attached with a note that the first package was lost.
Reason for this decision was a holiday we had planned to see the family in Canada, during Christmas and New Year. The second package we sent from Canada was received on Dec 19, 2017. Finally.

Yesterday my wife and I received an UCI and Application number, so we thought that was from the application that we posted ourselves in Canada (even though that seemed really fast).
After an online checkup we saw that they were talking about an application received on Nov 14, 2017.
Apperently the first package from The Netherlands was delivered, but the notice of delivery was never sent.

But how do we proceed now ?

- Do we wait until we get an UCI and Application number from the second package ?
- Do we send a letter to the CIC about our situation, and let them cancel the second package ?
- Upload a letter online (when we link our application to our account) explaining what went wrong ?

Any advice would be very helpful

Thank you

Kinza_Bee

Champion Member
May 25, 2017
Hello,

In November we sent an application to the CIC (from The Netherlands), but we never got a notice that the package was deliverd. The package was sent on Nov 4, 2017 and entered Canada on the 9th.
After hearing nothing for over a month, we decided to make an extra package and send that from within Canada (We both live in The Netherlands) attached with a note that the first package was lost.
Reason for this decision was a holiday we had planned to see the family in Canada, during Christmas and New Year. The second package we sent from Canada was received on Dec 19, 2017. Finally.

Yesterday my wife and I received an UCI and Application number, so we thought that was from the application that we posted ourselves in Canada (even though that seemed really fast).
After an online checkup we saw that they were talking about an application received on Nov 14, 2017.
Apperently the first package from The Netherlands was delivered, but the notice of delivery was never sent.

- Do we wait until we get an UCI and Application number from the second package ?
- Do we send a letter to the CIC about our situation, and let them cancel the second package ?
- Upload a letter online (when we link our application to our account) explaining what went wrong ?

Thank you
You might want to consult with an immigration Lawyer. I would advise you to do nothing as both packages (hopefully) are identical. But I am not sure if that is good advice. Consult an immigration lawyer they may charge you a flat fee of consultation but it will be worth it. Or you could write to CPC Mississauga with your UCI and Application # that you sent a package on a later date because you feared the first package being lost.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

Thank you
Hi

Send a CSE now explaining the situation.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
You might want to consult with an immigration Lawyer. I would advise you to do nothing as both packages (hopefully) are identical. But I am not sure if that is good advice. Consult an immigration lawyer they may charge you a flat fee of consultation but it will be worth it. Or you could write to CPC Mississauga with your UCI and Application # that you sent a package on a later date because you feared the first package being lost.
There is no need for a lawyer in this situation.

Danielle Reade

Star Member
Jul 9, 2017
I made this mistake.
Call CPC and speak to an agent and explain your situation, you will need to fill out a form online and submit it saying you want to continue processing your first application and quit processing your second one and have that one returned. It'll be a little confusing, but they will understand. Make sure you call right away!

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
For future reference, PostNL does disclose on their website that tracking may not be updated in the destination country. See here:

http://www.postnl.com/help-support/delivery-status/online-tracking/country-list-track-and-trace/

Did you try using your tracking number on the Canada Post website to see the status in Canada? This has worked for me in the past too when dealing with shipments from the Netherlands to Canada when the PostNL website wasn't showing any updates. Here's what PostNL has to say from the page I linked above:

No shipment results?
Are you unable to find results for your shipment, is your country not listed or does the status stay the same? In many cases, the shipment will still have been delivered. For the Track & Trace details, PostNL depends on data exchange with our partners. They are not always able to enter the accompanying Track & Trace information (on time).

Tip: You can also consult the local post office’s Track & Trace. In some cases, they will be able to provide further information.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Hello,

Thank you

Do not contact an immigration lawyer for this.......just call IRCC 1 888-242-2100 to explain why you sent 2 identical applications packages.

Since you have received UCI and Application number, send a letter to IRCC Mississauga through IRCC Webform to explain why you sent 2 application packages.

To send a letter to IRCC through Webform,
  1. visit this link below........http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp
  2. Click on the "Tell Us More" button
  3. choose NO for the Question.....Is your application being processed by an office OUTSIDE Canada?
  4. Include your UCI and Application number in your letter.
  5. Provide other necessary details.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

Explain that the 1st package you sent Nov 4, 2017 was received Nov 14, 2017, and the 2nd package was received Dec 19, 2017 and both were intended for the same family sponsor.

erik76

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
The Netherlands
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
App. Filed.......
04-11-2017
AOR Received.
23-01-2018
IELTS Request
No, sent it with the application
File Transfer...
06-02-2018
Med's Request
29-01-2018
Med's Done....
08-02-2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
never received
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2018
Thank you all for your input.
I filled in a online web-form with that info, and might just call the CIC for a follow on that. Just to be sure.

Now trying to link my application to my account..... after a lot of combinations still no luck....why do so many people have trouble with that ?

Again thank you all for your help.