+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will they transfer my file to Nairobi?

hricard

Jul 19, 2010
I am a resident of UAE and my file is currently being processed in Abu Dhabi which is one of the slower offices for processing spousal applications but not as slow as the Nairobi office (which can take over 2 years). I am right now in Kenya-- my country of citizenship-- visiting relatives and I have received a request for documents (residence questionnaire and spouse tax docs) from the Abu Dhabi office, I would like to courier the documents ASAP so my application can proceed quickly, but I am afraid that if I send them courier originating from Kenya they might think that I am based in Kenya and transfer my file to Nairobi. Am I better off waiting till I go back to UAE in a bit over a month and mailing them from there or am I overthinking this? The potential implications are obviously huge. Any feedback would be appreciated :D

mr-canada

Star Member
May 3, 2010
Visa Office......
abu dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello,
i am always on the look out for applicants from abu dhabi and i rarely come across anyone.
Well it would be nice if you give ur timelines for a better understanding and also comparing of our cases with yours (not that it would really help, but just to feel good). my papers are also in process at abu dhabi and therefore i am asking ur timelines.

as for your queries, you can send your papers from where you are and alongwith that, send in a letter stating your reason for being in Kenya currently. also as proof, you can send copies of your tickets (to and fro) so that the embassy knows that you are coming back to UAE. if you have a letter from your company that states you are on vacation, attach that too if possible as supporting docs and mention in detail of your trip dates and purpose etc.
this should be enough to prove that you will be back in UAE and thus they wont think otherwise.

how many countries PCC have you submitted and is your sponsor in canada?
hope we all get our visas fast... all the best !!!
do keep us posted of any progress in your case.... it will help us all know and feel good for you :)
best luck!!!

hricard

Jul 19, 2010
Timeline:
may 7-app sent
may 12-app recd
june 15-sponsor approved
june 22-approval letter recd
june 20-file transferred to visa office @ abu dhabi
july 6-AOR+additional form
july 6-residency questnre+proofs reqstd

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
I agree, send it from Kenya. You can put a note it saying that you are on vacation. They will not transfer your file to Nairobi.