+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will they ever contact former employer?

yjjhzxl

Mar 30, 2018
I just got issued my job reference letter for my experience in Japan. Company contact information includes mail address and telephone number. I mean, if under any circumstances will the visa officer try to contact the former employer to verify the reference letter? I am asking this just because basically all my former colleagues cannot speak English, which means if the officer ever try to call company number, they will probably get lost...If that ever happens, could it cause a rejection of my application? Please kindly advise. Thanks in advance.

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
I just got issued my job reference letter for my experience in Japan. Company contact information includes mail address and telephone number. I mean, if under any circumstances will the visa officer try to contact the former employer to verify the reference letter? I am asking this just because basically all my former colleagues cannot speak English, which means if the officer ever try to call company number, they will probably get lost...If that ever happens, could it cause a rejection of my application? Please kindly advise. Thanks in advance.
They usually verify by online search. If they have serious doubt then they may call or send email your employer. If they require to call they would call in local language using their local resources. It is advisable to submit Pay slips or salary bank statement along with the reference letter to create better impression on Case Analyst's mind about the authenticity of your work.

pizzaboy99

Apr 3, 2018
If they make a call, it will most likely come from the local visa office - who will be aware that English is not widely spoken in Japan and, therefore, speak in Japanese.