+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will the principal applicant be refused if the spouse failed to pass medical?

ghiaskhan

please read http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-after.asp#medical

Medical examinations
You must pass a medical examination before coming to Canada. Your dependants must also pass a medical examination even if they are not coming to Canada with you.

Applications for permanent residence will not be accepted if an applicant’s health:

is a danger to public health or safety, or
would cause excessive demand on health or social services in Canada.
Instructions on how to take the medical examination will normally be sent to you after you submit your application to the visa office. More I Need To… section on the right-hand side of this page.

ghiaskhan

PMM said:
Hi

ghiaskhan said:
By the way those family members (sons/daughters/spouses) who are not migrating to canada are also required to undergo a medical exmination so as to rule out infectious disease and other conditions which transmit germs to others. The main objective still being as stated earlier.
Non dependent family members or dependents who are NOT emigrating don't take medicals.

PMM

@maria2009

Feb 16, 2018
we already made payment for our medical for PR last nov 2017 however till now we haven't receive the date for our medical
we are currently under open work permit here in Quebec my husband is the principal sponsor he is working as a registered nurse here in the hospital. I'm also working. I have a high blood but I'm taking my maintenance medication.