+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will the 38 job list be changed soon?

zycjdx2000

Oct 17, 2009
Dear folks,

I worked as an accountant for 3 years and got MBA degree in US in May, 2009. I am still seeking a job now. I wander whether there is any info about accountant will be cancelled from 38 occupations list? Thanks.

Leo

windtunnel

Sep 10, 2009
The 38 list is straight from the desk of the Minister. for many reasons they won't reveal any advance information about how it will change.

If you can apply now, don't wait.

joogle

Star Member
Apr 30, 2009
Canada can't take an unlimited number of people with 38 job list as their occupation. Think about it. At one point there will be too many accountants and fewer jobs.

Yes, the 38 job list will change, keep checking CIC regularly. It could be tomorrow or a few years from now.

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you qualify now apply now don't bother yourself with when the approved NOC list will change.

mbastudies

Oct 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can someone tell me from which time are we considered under the 38 NOC list? From when we receive AOR (Acknowledgement Of Receipt) or when we initially submit the forms, or what?

boss2009

Star Member
Oct 17, 2009
Yes , the agents will tell you that it is about to change , pay up now , you will miss the bus , last chance...............all this is meant to get money out of your pocket NOW.

indmirage

Jul 20, 2009
my question is also same as that asked by MBAstudies....if we've recieved AOR for our initial application to CIO, sydney and have yet to submit final appication to the visa offcie..does it mean we're not safe if the rules change? if so then that is unfortunate coz i'm spending so much money on IELTS, fbi check etc...pls share ur inputs.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
mbastudies & indmirage:

Right from the time Buffalo assesses your application are you considered under the present NOC. Even if your application reaches Buffalo today and the NOC changes tomorrow, you will be considered under the new NOC rules. But, if the visa office is assessing your application and finds you qualified and the NOC rules change, you will fall under the old category.

indmirage

Jul 20, 2009
Oh Markcan, so it means that unless we submit the application to buffalo office we can not be safe...right? i was thinking that if we have recieved positive AOR from NOVA scotia then we can be safe even if the rules change latwer but i think i was wrong...pls clarify.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Nova Scotia does nothing but just check your application to make sure that you have the fee and documents are in order. The assessment does not start until after Buffalo has gotten your file.

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
Talking about last year, when rules were changed, they were finally announced in Sept. or thereabouts but they only considered applications before 27th Feb to be under old rules and anything after that under new rules.
Rules can change at any time, if someone qualifies now, they should apply beofe any changes, coz u never know !!

majkla

Oct 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The rules seem to have changed recently:

EG7 November 2008: Applications will be processed according to the rules and regulations in effect at the time of the assessment. These may change at any time.

EG7 September 2009: Applications will be processed according to the rules and regulations in effect at the time of the application. These may change at any time.