+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will rejected tourist visa affect study permit

Maleek0007

Star Member
May 17, 2019
"AN AGENT WHO DID TOURIST VISA FOR ME WHICH WAS DENIED BECAUSE OF TRAVEL HISTORY AND TIES,AN AGENT FILLED THE FORM FOR ME AS A STUDENT WITHOUT ME KNOWING ABOUT IT UNTIL I RECEIVED MY CASE FILE,NOW THAT I AM APPLYING FOR STUDY PERMIT,WILL THE VO GO DEEP DOWN TO THE OLD APPLICATION TO SEE THAT?the agent was so careless,I never went to the school he wrote,I will appreciate an advice

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Yes, they will absolutely review previous applications made on your behalf, and if they find contradictions you may be denied visas, permits, or even banned from Canada.

You need to find out what information was submitted about you and correct it and explain in a letter of explanation. You cannot use "my agent did it" as an excuse as you are responsible for what your agent does.

With a good explanation, you may not be banned from Canada.

Maleek0007

Star Member
May 17, 2019
Yes, they will absolutely review previous applications made on your behalf, and if they find contradictions you may be denied visas, permits, or even banned from Canada.

You need to find out what information was submitted about you and correct it and explain in a letter of explanation. You cannot use "my agent did it" as an excuse as you are responsible for what your agent does.

With a good explanation, you may not be banned from Canada.
Ok can i say I dropped out from the school because of father's illness,or please give me a a suggestion,,will the letter of explanation be different from the SOP?

Maleek0007

Star Member
May 17, 2019
He submitted my work profile and also said I was a student,I don't think saying I dropped out due to funds will be a good one,I need some clues please

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I don't agree with that because being too faithful on visa issue don't help,the mistake is there already so I'll admit it and follow it that way
You don't agree with telling the truth in a visa application?

Welcome to the world of immigration fraud.

Maleek0007

Star Member
May 17, 2019
You don't agree with telling the truth in a visa application?

Welcome to the world of immigration fraud.
That is not what I mean,I said the mistake has been made already,how do you want me to explain to VO that the school that was applied was not true? I want you in my shoes will you do thesame? If yes tell me what you will say I will appreciate it

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I would explain exactly what in the previous application was wrong and that an agent did it and that you are correcting the record.

To follow the same mistake forward means that every application you make will be a lie, and they will eventually find out and ban you from Canada.

Maleek0007

Star Member
May 17, 2019
I would explain exactly what in the previous application was wrong and that an agent did it and that you are correcting the record.

To follow the same mistake forward means that every application you make will be a lie, and they will eventually find out and ban you from Canada.
Your reply dosent make sense,you are the same person that said I cannot use my agent did it as an excuse,that I'm responsible for my application.
Don't you know I will have problem when I say the school stuff was a mistake,I can't take such advice,,that former application was a tourist visa while this one is student visa.thanks for your concern

Reactions: Ravneet Brar

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
When I say that, I mean you cannot say "It wasn't me that did this, it was my agent," and then not take any responsibility.

You have to be up front - "I hired an agent, they did this stupid stuff, I found out about it now and I wish to correct the record. I apologize that I hired that stupid agent."

Because this is a study permit, when they look at your previous application and it contradicts your educational history, the visa officer will know you are lying on one of the applications and will figure it out. If you explain what happened in a letter of explanation while taking responsibility for hiring an agent who committed fraud in an application you may be able to prevent yourself from being banned.

The other option is to give up on Canada.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Your reply dosent make sense,you are the same person that said I cannot use my agent did it as an excuse,that I'm responsible for my application.
Don't you know I will have problem when I say the school stuff was a mistake,I can't take such advice,,that former application was a tourist visa while this one is student visa.thanks for your concern
There is a difference between an excuse and an explanation.

Even if you get an agent to do it, you are responsible for the accuracy of the information in your application. You have to be honest about why you had contradicting information in your two applications. If you convince the visa officer, then your information would be corrected and you will be granted a visa.

If you want to use information, that you know to be untruthful, then you are committing fraud. That is not something we condone here, as it is super illegal and if found out, they will deport you.

Reactions: k.h.p.

Maleek0007

Star Member
May 17, 2019
There is a difference between an excuse and an explanation.

Even if you get an agent to do it, you are responsible for the accuracy of the information in your application. You have to be honest about why you had contradicting information in your two applications. If you convince the visa officer, then your information would be corrected and you will be granted a visa.

If you want to use information, that you know to be untruthful, then you are committing fraud. That is not something we condone here, as it is super illegal and if found out, they will deport you.
No one is talking fraud here,you just don't get it,you can report if you want

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Then you will be explaining to IRCC what was wrong in the tourist visa your agent submitted so you don't get yourself banned from Canada?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
No one is talking fraud here,you just don't get it,you can report if you want
You said the following

"Ok can i say I dropped out from the school because of father's illness,or please give me a a suggestion,,will the letter of explanation be different from the SOP?"

"He submitted my work profile and also said I was a student,I don't think saying I dropped out due to funds will be a good one,I need some clues please"

Any person would assume that you don't want to be honest about the mistake committed by your agent, and you want to lie about your incorrect information so that it sounded like you were telling the truth in the first place, which you were not. That my friend is called fraud.

You have not applied yet, so you have not committed fraud yet. The moment you submit it, then you have done fraud, that is why we are telling you to be honest and not make a mistake by lying on your application.

Reactions: k.h.p.