+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will PR be rejected if my H1B was rejected in the past?

sswas

Star Member
Oct 28, 2016
My H1B petition was rejected by USCIS ( US version of IRCC). There is a question regarding visa denial on the form. What should be the answer? Yes my visa was rejected or No my visa wasn’t rejected

Since this wasn’t a visa technically that was rejected by USCIS. It was just a petition/an application

Just to add here to provide context, I was never on H1B. I was trying to convert the status/visa type from F1 (student visa) to H1B ( Specialized Worker VISA). The rejection was towards the status change.

In this case, shall I proceed with "No my visa was rejected" if so then will it impact my pr process? also, should I create another EE profile with my wife as the primary applicant?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My H1B petition was rejected by USCIS ( US version of IRCC). There is a question regarding visa denial on the form. What should be the answer? Yes my visa was rejected or No my visa wasn’t rejected

Since this wasn’t a visa technically that was rejected by USCIS. It was just a petition/an application

Just to add here to provide context, I was never on H1B. I was trying to convert the status/visa type from F1 (student visa) to H1B ( Specialized Worker VISA). The rejection was towards the status change.

In this case, shall I proceed with "No my visa was rejected" if so then will it impact my pr process? also, should I create another EE profile with my wife as the primary applicant?
You should say yes and explain what was refused.