+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will online education count?

Rw19970924

Oct 21, 2019
Hi, everyone. Thanks for taking time to reading my post.
I have a 3 year advanced diploma in computer program (attended on campus), and I am now working full-time. If I take some online certificate/diploma, will it count as two degrees?

As I check CIC online, I really get confused

Distance learning can be through e-learning, correspondence, or internet courses. Distance learning is a process by which technology is used in ways where the student does not have to physically be in the place where the teaching is taking place.

Since by definition distance learning does not require one to be in Canada, a study permit cannot be issued for this type of course. For example, if a foreign national authorized to work in Canada is prohibited from engaging in studies as per a condition of their work permit, they are allowed to engage in distance learning courses.

However, some distance learning courses include an in-Canada portion to the program (e.g., special tutorials or the writing of final exams). If the overall course of study is greater than six months, then the student requires a study permit for the in-Canada portion of the program, even if the in-Canada portion is less than six months. The duration of the study permit should be for the duration of the in-Canada portion only

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
Depends on the school and if the courses are for credit

Rw19970924

Oct 21, 2019
Depends on the school and if the courses are for credit
Thanks for your reply, zabrodov. Here is my thought about this policy, I may be wrong, and please correct me.
If I online, part-time take an Ontario college Diploma/ Ontario College Certificate/ or any 1-year long program at a DLI School, it will count as the second degree. I am not sure how this works, do I need to verify it through WES after I got the certificate/diploma?
Thanks again, zabrodov.