+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

will one year PG program longer the stay in Canada?

vikas.deep

Aug 15, 2011
Dear Friends
i recently got visa to Canada in to 1 year PG in IBM. my qualification is MBA and i having 3 years experience in India in sales and marketing. i got admission and visa IBM. my query is as this is one year program and after completion that will lead to one year work permit. will this one year will be enough to get PR or what are the other options to extend visa?? someone told me about Saskatchewan also. kindly make it clear..
thanks

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vikas.deep said:
Dear Friends
i recently got visa to Canada in to 1 year PG in IBM. my qualification is MBA and i having 3 years experience in India in sales and marketing. i got admission and visa IBM. my query is as this is one year program and after completion that will lead to one year work permit. will this one year will be enough to get PR or what are the other options to extend visa?? someone told me about Saskatchewan also. kindly make it clear..
thanks
1. It depend how fast you manage to get "full time job offer".

2. No, without full time job you can't extend your Post Graduate Work Permit. (and thats too with favourable LMO)

vikas.deep

Aug 15, 2011
thanks for suggestion..
if I will move to Saskatchewan after this 1 year course then is that will be to helpful for getting PR? or I should change my course into 2 years now?

agash

Aug 6, 2011
hi friend,

as you said if you study at Saskatchewan you can apply for the PR without any requirement of the experience.

i want to know one thing. could you tell me how did you show you proof of fund. thank you

agash

Aug 6, 2011
Hello friend
currently I am planning of applying for Canadian Visa, I would appriciate if you can let me know what are the requirements for the fund. Do they require bank satements? if so how many month of statements did you had to submit or do they require a student loan and does it have to be under my name? can I show it as my father supports me? do they ask for the source of fund?I would appriciate your guidance on this...thanks

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vikas.deep said:
thanks for suggestion..
if I will move to Saskatchewan after this 1 year course then is that will be to helpful for getting PR? or I should change my course into 2 years now?
1. Yes, its valid. It doesn't matter from where you complete it but it must be from a recognized Canadian school.

2. I feel one year is "too short" to network and find full time job (unless you are well skilled). By all means, its much better to go for 2 year course as it allowed you upto 3 year of PGWP.

vikas.deep

Aug 15, 2011
yes agash you have to show at least 6 months old funds with bank statements to get success into getting visa.
and you have have to get loan sanction letter from bank on your name..