+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will my work visa application be accepted soon?

Jodik

Mar 3, 2019
UK
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-05-2020
Nomination.....
24-02-2020
Med's Done....
02-12-2019
Hello, I applied for my work permit on May 8th and have a position as an Occupational Therapist in BC. I was planning on starting in May and arriving at point of entry as I also have BC PNP. However my employer recommended I now apply online for my work visa.
Unfortunately, I can't currently get my biometrics due to the visa centre being closed. However my employer contacted IRCC and as I am a health care professional they were trying to get this waived and where told I should now be able to get it at the border on arrival to Canada.

My application has now been updated to submitted and currently in progress. It says online processing time in the U.K. is 8weeks. Is this correct and How long is it normally when your status application looks like this:

Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
  • June 4, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
InterviewHelp - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
BiometricsHelp - Biometrics
  • We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details.
Background checkHelp - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision- Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Thank you!!

RnDtech

Mar 18, 2020
Did you get medical exam request after you apply ? or You submitted upfront medical examination when you submitted your application?

Jodik

Mar 3, 2019
UK
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-05-2020
Nomination.....
24-02-2020
Med's Done....
02-12-2019
I submitted it upfront. I had my medical exam done earlier this year as I knew I'd need it for my PR application and for work permit and I'm going to be working in healthcare

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, I applied for my work permit on May 8th and have a position as an Occupational Therapist in BC. I was planning on starting in May and arriving at point of entry as I also have BC PNP. However my employer recommended I now apply online for my work visa.
Unfortunately, I can't currently get my biometrics due to the visa centre being closed. However my employer contacted IRCC and as I am a health care professional they were trying to get this waived and where told I should now be able to get it at the border on arrival to Canada.

My application has now been updated to submitted and currently in progress. It says online processing time in the U.K. is 8weeks. Is this correct and How long is it normally when your status application looks like this:

Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
  • June 4, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
InterviewHelp - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
BiometricsHelp - Biometrics
  • We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details.
Background checkHelp - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision- Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Thank you!!
Unfortunately all application processing is very slow right now due to COVID-19. It's very difficult to say how soon you may see an approval. We have a number of people on this forum who have been waiting for work permit approvals since Jan or Feb (or even earlier). Some others have been approved faster. Extremely difficult to guess how long you may still be waiting. All processing times are up in the air right now.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Just to add - your employer was right in telling you to apply online.

Work permit applications are not being processed at the border at this time. They have stopped this service due to COVID-19. So your only option was to apply online.

RnDtech

Mar 18, 2020
I have also done upfront and uploaded eMedical completed information sheet. However, mine only shows " you do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes".

What document did you upload for upfront medical examination?

Jodik

Mar 3, 2019
UK
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-05-2020
Nomination.....
24-02-2020
Med's Done....
02-12-2019
I uploaded the page we got given at the medical exam to say we have completed it. I don't think everyone needs a medical though- I think maybe just those in health care, but maybe double check that
I have also done upfront and uploaded eMedical completed information sheet. However, mine only shows " you do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes".

What document did you upload for upfront medical examination?
j

Jodik

Mar 3, 2019
UK
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-05-2020
Nomination.....
24-02-2020
Med's Done....
02-12-2019
Unfortunately all application processing is very slow right now due to COVID-19. It's very difficult to say how soon you may see an approval. We have a number of people on this forum who have been waiting for work permit approvals since Jan or Feb (or even earlier). Some others have been approved faster. Extremely difficult to guess how long you may still be waiting. All processing times are up in the air right now.
Ah that's a shame. I guess I'll just have to wait and see!
Thanks

Yinon23

Jun 16, 2020
I applied on January for Work permit and its still proccesed. You have any idea if someone applied sooner and didnt receive any response. Can you assume when I will get any answer back?
Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I applied on January for Work permit and its still proccesed. You have any idea if someone applied sooner and didnt receive any response. Can you assume when I will get any answer back?
Thanks
Yes some people who applied earlier still don't have a response. It's really impossible to say when you will have an answer.