+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will my work Exp Counts until the date i received ITA or date i submit my app?

Alex0924

Star Member
Nov 9, 2012
Hi anyone who concern, my case is bit complicated. My first job was from April 18 to May 25 2015, I started my second job from September 2015. Now the system has given me credit 2 years work experience. If I get ita this month and submit E-apr at the end of this month. Can I claim 2 years work experience? If not, can I accept ITA and wait to July to submit E-apr?thx

Reactions: agil.itu

abbsha

Star Member
Jan 22, 2016
Hi anyone who concern, my case is bit complicated. My first job was from April 18 to May 25 2015, I started my second job from September 2015. Now the system has given me credit 2 years work experience. If I get ita this month and submit E-apr at the end of this month. Can I claim 2 years work experience? If not, can I accept ITA and wait to July to submit E-apr?thx
Buddy did you got any idea about your 2 year of experience. Am sailing in the same boat. Any idea?

Reactions: agil.itu

abbsha

Star Member
Jan 22, 2016
Yes, you are absolutely safe. If you submit your application post 30th Jan'17, which i guess is most likely because it's already Feb, they will consider all of two years of your work experience.
Hello there, Can you answer my following question :

When the score is recalculated at the time of eAPR , the system of VO recalcuates CRS score by taking the ITA date or the eAPR date?

I have claimed 24 months of Canada experience..but the last month was only 5 days (month of april 2017). Having said that my Canada experience is continuous and i applied on eAPR in the month of July. Will that 5 days be caculate as the entire month?

avijeet.singh

Jun 22, 2017
No, he means points would be calculated both at ITA AND at eAPR...
Either occasion not meeting the requirement (MEC or Minimum CRS) will result in a refusal.
Hi,
The link states ITA or e-APR.
So if i satisfy the MEC when i submit my e-APR and not when i got the ITA will that be a problem?

Reactions: Miracle2018

agil.itu

Sep 20, 2016
Hi,
On 13/Dec/19 (before ITA) , I submitted from work experience from 1/Jan/2017 up to present and the system gave me 471 points by counting it as 3 years, despite the fact that 3 years were not complete yet. I received ITA on 19/Dec/19 and I submitted e-APR on 16/Feb/2020.

Do you think I am on risk? Can VO count my experience as 2 years because of missing 6 working days?

agil.itu

Sep 20, 2016
Can you please share your experience? my situation is similar to yours. When received ITA on 19/Dec/19, there were still 6 working days missing to be considered 3 years, despite the fact that system gave me the CRS score of 3 years work experience.

agil.itu

Sep 20, 2016
thanks ,
one of the companies which i worked for .. didn't provide me a clear Reference letter . so, if the visa officer is not happy about it .will he/she omit that particular exp ( 8 months) and calculate my remaining work exp which is 16 months and make it through ? because the ITA is for 453 and my 1yr exp will count to CRS 459
Karkik,

can you please share your experience ?

agil.itu

Sep 20, 2016
Hi,
On 13/Dec/19 (before ITA) , I submitted from work experience from 1/Jan/2017 up to present and the system gave me 471 points by counting it as 3 years, despite the fact that 3 years were not complete yet. I received ITA on 19/Dec/19 and I submitted e-APR on 16/Feb/2020.

Do you think I am on risk? Can VO count my experience as 2 years because of missing 6 working days?
If anyone has experience about the case above, please share it with me.

kandarp1510

Apr 29, 2020
Hello Guys,
I am in dilemma in order to accept ITA if it happens to come.
I am standing at CRS 462.
I have done two jobs one job starting from 14 May 2019 to 22 July 2019 as per reference letter but I got pay period till 25 July.Now for second job I have joined 31 July 2019 to present.
My question is in between 10 march 2020 to April 6 2020 I was temporary laid off and applied for CERB or EI and got paid and now I started working again from April 6 2020 onwards.
Serious question rise that technically my experience will be finish by 14 may 2020 so if I get ITA on 14th May or after in one or two days considering taking place in 15 days should I consider accepting??
Please I want good genuine advice and someone who is on the same boat and got clear idea about it???

Last edited:

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Hello Guys,
I am in dilemma in order to accept ITA if it happens to come.
I am standing at CRS 462.
I have done two jobs one job starting from 14 May 2019 to 22 July 2019 as per reference letter but I got pay period till 25 July.Now for second job I have joined 31 July 2019 to present.
My question is in between 10 march 2020 to April 6 2020 I was temporary laid off and applied for CERB or EI and got paid and now I started working again from April 6 2020 onwards.
Serious question rise that technically my experience will be finish by 14 may 2020 so if I get ITA on 14th May or after in one or two days considering taking place in 15 days should I consider accepting??
Please I want good genuine advice and someone who is on the same boat and got clear idea about it???
The general rule of thumb is to meet MEC (Minimum Entry Critieria) both at ITA and e-APR.

Let's say you got an ITA on the basis of two years of work experience but you have to work for another few days to complete it, you can submit your e-APR once you have it.

The important thing to consider is you need to have what you declared in your ITA at the time of e-APR. If you received points for two years of work experience, you need to have it at the time of e-APR. The period of time where you were laid off does not count as work experience. I hope this helps.

Edit: You meet MEC for CEC as long as you have a minimum of one year of skilled work experience. So, you technically meet the MEC if you already have one year of work experience.

Reactions: aussie avocado

kandarp1510

Apr 29, 2020
The general rule of thumb is to meet MEC (Minimum Entry Critieria) both at ITA and e-APR.

Let's say you got an ITA on the basis of two years of work experience but you have to work for another few days to complete it, you can submit your e-APR once you have it.

The important thing to consider is you need to have what you declared in your ITA at the time of e-APR. If you received points for two years of work experience, you need to have it at the time of e-APR. The period of time where you were laid off does not count as work experience. I hope this helps.

Edit: You meet MEC for CEC as long as you have a minimum of one year of skilled work experience. So, you technically meet the MEC if you already have one year of work experience.
[/QUOTE

Do i have to complete MEC at time of ITA or at time of E APR as I will be completing my 1 year work experience in 14 May 2020 unless this Covid would not have hit
Say if i accept ITA on 14 May 2020 and submit E APR in july my MEC requirement will be fullfilled is it the case?

kandarp1510

Apr 29, 2020
@indianstudent96
Do i have to complete MEC at time of ITA or at time of E APR as I will be completing my 1 year work experience in 14 May 2020 unless this Covid would not have hit
Say if i accept ITA on 14 May 2020 and submit E APR in july my MEC requirement will be fullfilled is it the case?

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
@indianstudent96
As per my understanding, you won't have one year of work experience by 14 May, 2020 as you were laid off for almost 4 weeks which won't count towards your work experience requirements. Thus, you won't meet MEC by 14 May, 2020. An officer can always go back to the day you got your ITA and tell you did not meet the MEC to receive an ITA. Now, if this does not involve MEC, I would suggest you to hold on to your ITA and apply after you finish 52 weeks of full-time employment in Canada. In your case, you know well that you will not meet MEC until at least June. I suggest you wait until then. It's better to wait for extra few weeks to submit an application that will be approved rather than to rush and submit an application that will be refused in who knows when? There have been candidates who got their applications refused after 4-5 months due to a simple mistake like this.

It's completely possible for the officer to issue a visa if you meet MEC at the time of e-APR but that would be an oversight on their part.