+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

will my visa get REJECTED because of this?

kingpin00

Star Member
May 22, 2021
I applied for study visa (undergraduate program) on 4 May
Biometrics completed 7 May
Review of eligibility started 20 May

I wrote a paragraph in my SOP that was not suppose to be written as it might increase the visa officer's doubts of my over stay in Canada. Now I've already filed my visa already and can't undo it. What are your comments on this? Will my visa definitely be rejected now?

I wrote this "Canada is the land of opportunity for ambitious youth, allowing them to materialize their dreams after finishing their studies. Some of our friends and distant relatives, who have moved as Federal Skilled Workers, have started a successful career in Canada. Therefore, I believe that after finishing my studies, I will also be able to start a successful career in the field of my expertise in Canada. Moreover, a degree obtained from a Canadian university can also open new avenues of success anywhere in the world especially in Gulf States where my father has already been serving."

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia
you just posted the same thread last time i guess. well everyone told me that was not a good move and pray that you will be lucky that visa officer will overlook that. because u showed two things

1- ties in canada
2- intent to immigrate

Reactions: kingpin00

kingpin00

Star Member
May 22, 2021
you just posted the same thread last time i guess. well everyone told me that was not a good move and pray that you will be lucky that visa officer will overlook that. because u showed two things

1- ties in canada
2- intent to immigrate
I've a question. I filed my visa with upfront medical exam on 4 MAY. Review of eligibility started on 7 May. But my medical status hasn't been updated yet. It still says "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes."

Is it normal? I heard medical status usually gets changed right before of after the review of eligibility begins.

kingpin00

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Review of eligibility started on 20 May*
I've a question. I filed my visa with upfront medical exam on 4 MAY. Review of eligibility started on 7 May. But my medical status hasn't been updated yet. It still says "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes."

Is it normal? I heard medical status usually gets changed right before of after the review of eligibility begins.

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia

yep. prepare for the for the worst. some refusals come without medical update

LittleQuestion

Star Member
Jan 10, 2021
They want you to convince them you are leaving after your studies and you said you will start a career in Canada after your studies. The last part is good though, but I hope the officer doesn't overlook so much in this part.