+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will my previous experience working for a sketchy company impact my CEC application?

Evens

Star Member
May 1, 2018
Hi guys, I just got out of a company that I worked 4 months for, they promised me that they would provide me a employment letter but they refused. When I decided to quit they seem also reluctant to provide me my T4 slip next year. I just realized that on my payslip there is no company name! The only evidence i have is the letter when I first got hired (with company title and signature from the employer), and a paycheque I didn't cash (with the company name, signature and "Sept 1-15, 2018 Payroll").

I will push my employer to file my tax next year and also keep looking for legit company that can help me to immigrate under CEC stream. but my only question is that will this experience impacts my future application after I work one year for a qualified company? The Notice of Assessment may not include this experience though.

Thank you guys so so so much for reading and answering this! i am so anxious i didn't eat for two days.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi guys, I just got out of a company that I worked 4 months for, they promised me that they would provide me a employment letter but they refused. When I decided to quit they seem also reluctant to provide me my T4 slip next year. I just realized that on my payslip there is no company name! The only evidence i have is the letter when I first got hired (with company title and signature from the employer), and a paycheque I didn't cash (with the company name, signature and "Sept 1-15, 2018 Payroll").

I will push my employer to file my tax next year and also keep looking for legit company that can help me to immigrate under CEC stream. but my only question is that will this experience impacts my future application after I work one year for a qualified company? The Notice of Assessment may not include this experience though.

Thank you guys so so so much for reading and answering this! i am so anxious i didn't eat for two days.
First... your employer is required BY LAW to submit a Record of Employment to Service Canada. If they do not, you can work with Service Canada who will pursue the matter with your former employer.

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/programs/ei/ei-list/ei-roe.html

Second, they are required BY LAW to issue T4s.

Third, regardless of whether you have a T4, YOU are responsible for reporting the income on your tax return, so there is no excuse for the income info to not be included in your notice of assessment.

Evens

Star Member
May 1, 2018
Hi jes,

Thank you so much! I think I have a general direction to go! I will talk to Canada Service in feburary and if my previous boss don’t do anything by then I will do my tax by paper with all the evidence I have!

Regards,
Evens Zhang