+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will my bachelor degree in fine art meet the requirements for NOC 7294 - Painters and decorators?

zhu9

Jan 15, 2021
I'm currently a PWGP holder in a situation which I might need to apply for a closed work permit for a house painter position in 6 months as my PWGP is expiring. I have not yet working for the employer, just trying to plan out my next move. Not many job options for people like me with fine art degree. By far house painter is what I'm most comfortable with outside my field of study.

The trade certificate in the province I will be working in isn't compulsory for house painters.

Through my study in fine art I have strong understanding in color mixing, brushing techniques, and I've been dealing with airbrushing/spray gun since high school.

How will the immigration officer determine my eligibly as a house painter? Since the trade certificate isn't compulsory, if my employer is satisfied with my performance and willing to provide reference letter, will it be deemed sufficient enough by the immigration officer for the job, or am I overqualified with a university degree?

My PGWP expires on August 29, assuming I start working for the employer within next the 2 weeks and continue working for the employer till late august, will my experience be enough by then?

BTW, threads I post keep getting flagged with "Awaiting approval before being displayed publicly" and never getting approved, any reason why this is happening?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm currently a PWGP holder in a situation which I might need to apply for a closed work permit for a house painter position in 6 months as my PWGP is expiring. I have not yet working for the employer, just trying to plan out my next move. Not many job options for people like me with fine art degree. By far house painter is what I'm most comfortable with outside my field of study.

The trade certificate in the province I will be working in isn't compulsory for house painters.

Through my study in fine art I have strong understanding in color mixing, brushing techniques, and I've been dealing with airbrushing/spray gun since high school.

How will the immigration officer determine my eligibly as a house painter? Since the trade certificate isn't compulsory, if my employer is satisfied with my performance and willing to provide reference letter, will it be deemed sufficient enough by the immigration officer for the job, or am I overqualified with a university degree?

My PGWP expires on August 29, assuming I start working for the employer within next the 2 weeks and continue working for the employer till late august, will my experience be enough by then?

BTW, threads I post keep getting flagged with "Awaiting approval before being displayed publicly" and never getting approved, any reason why this is happening?
I responded to your other post with the same question. It was posted to the forum.

Hormone

Jan 11, 2023
I have the same question now. Idk how to explain the officer my level of skills in such a specific profession

Stylography

Jan 25, 2023
I have the same question now. Idk how to explain to the officer my level of skills in such a specific profession
I think they have enough knowledge about all professions to make a decision. I was also worried about it (I'm a theater man), but when I explained to him the specifics of my profession and the amount of my knowledge - there were no additional questions. They are really not as educated in such art occupations. But it was enough to talk with them about simple general things and they understood me. So don't worry. Just be self-confident.

Stylography

Jan 25, 2023
For example, I have a friend, which was in a similar situation. He is a writer and it was hard to prove his eligibility as well. Fortunately, he found a job on this site https://gradesfixer.com/free-essay-examples/drama/ which helped him to prove his professionalism. But even without an employer, you got a high chance to extend your permit, especially since you have work experience.