+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will my application be returned?

ManiHoopes

Star Member
May 27, 2018
Category........
I submitted an old IMM5406 (Additional Family Info.) form with my PR application, and on IMM1344 (Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking) question 1, I selected "Proceed with the application for permanent residence".
Does that mean that because I chose to proceed with with the application, even if the sponsor is found ineligible, they wont return my application because of the old form? Or will they return my application because it's an old form?

I now realise I should have selected "Withdraw your sponsorship application"

Any advise or info is greatly appreciated!

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
I submitted an old IMM5406 (Additional Family Info.) form with my PR application, and on IMM1344 (Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking) question 1, I selected "Proceed with the application for permanent residence".
Does that mean that because I chose to proceed with with the application, even if the sponsor is found ineligible, they wont return my application because of the old form? Or will they return my application because it's an old form?

If the sponsor is found ineligible they will continue processing the application and you will ultimately end up being rejected.

Sponsor ineligibility is very rare and would only happen under extreme circumstances.

Who can’t become a sponsor
You can’t be a sponsor if you:

• have failed to pay:
    • an immigration loan
    • a performance bond
    • family support payments
  • have failed to provide for the basic needs of a previously-sponsored relative who received social assistance
  • are under a removal order
  • are in a penitentiary, jail, reformatory or prison
  • receive social assistance for a reason other than a disability
  • are still going through the process of bankruptcy (undischarged bankruptcy)
  • were sponsored by a spouse or partner and you became a permanent resident less than five years ago
  • sponsored a previous spouse or partner and three years have not passed since this person became a permanent resident
  • have already applied to sponsor your current spouse, partner or child and a decision on your application hasn’t been made yet
  • were convicted of a violent or sexual offence, or an offence that caused bodily harm to a relative—or you attempted or threatened to commit any of these offences

ManiHoopes

Star Member
May 27, 2018
Category........
So just to confirm, they would likely still return my application if there was something missing or wrong forms were submitted?

Amritanjali

Oct 22, 2018
Mumbai
Job Offer........
Yes

Hi, would you please let me know what happened? Did they return your application because you used old forms?
TIA.