+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will moving before PR granted affect outcome/cause problems

jordan399

Sep 7, 2009
Hi all,

I submitted my application around the beginning of october last year. ECAS says that they started processing my application on Nov 17 and my medical results have been received so I should be getting the visa any time now (haha, im not naive I know thats BS).

Right now I'm living in Brisbane Australia doing an MBA. My wife is Canadian and living with me as is our 2 year old son. I will be finishing my MBA at the end of april and my wife has pretty much decided to quit then as well (coinciding with when we think the visa will be granted). If the visa isnt granted we are planning on relocating (not moving) to New Zealand (I am a New Zealander) while we wait for the visa - it will give my son a chance to connect more with the family before we drag him overseas for the foreseeable future.

My question is will this affect the PR visa? Like I said above I am an NZ citizen so if I were to lodge an application in NZ it still would have been sent to the Sydney office.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It will not affect your application. Just remember to inform the visa office of your address change (simply changing it online is not enough).