+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will it change processing office for PR application?

zeeshee

Jan 22, 2010
NOC Code......
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
Hi Guys

I am a Pakistani working in UAE from last 5 years. My wife (she stays with me in Dubai) sponsored me in Feb 2010 & i got my AOR from Abu Dhabi office in April 2010.

Now if i finish my job here & go back to Pakistan, i know i will have to inform CIC Abu Dhabi. BUT will Abu Dhabi send my application to Islamabad, Pakistan for processing if i return back to Pakistan or my application will still be processed in Abu Dhabi?

Kindly advice.

Thanks

fibud

Star Member
Mar 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
07-04-2010
Med's Done....
18-12-09
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-06-10
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-10
LANDED..........
23-06-10
From my understanding it would remain in Abu Dhabi unless the IO beleives that it should be transferred to Islamabad according to "program integreity" . I suppose it depends how far along your application is at the Abu Dhabi office because in the Operation Manual for PROCEDURES it states:

"Visa offices should transfer files only if that transfer would enhance program integrity. Conversely,
visa offices should refuse to transfer files if such a transfer diminishes program integrity. Officers
should consider consulting potential receiving visa offices to seek assistance in finalizing cases
before transferring a file.
The onus is on the applicant to demonstrate that the transfer of their file would not compromise
the integrity of the application evaluation process.
Program integrity includes issues such as ability to effectively evaluate documents; knowledge of
local security and criminality environments; or familiarity with business practices and procedures.
Other factors may be taken into account when evaluating the impact of a file transfer on the
program integrity of visa programs.
As part of program integrity considerations, officers should also be mindful that the intent of R11 is
to ensure that, as much as possible, visa applications are reviewed by the offices with the local
knowledge and expertise necessary to conduct an effective case review."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op01-eng.pdf

Review Section 5.19 and 5.20 respectfully