+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

will it be study or course misamtch?

P

patel1992

Hi friends,
I had completed B.B.A. and and thinking to applying for post graduate diploma course in brand management.
So will there be issue of study mismatch or course mismatch?
Thanks.

tiger007

Champion Member
patel1992 said:
Hi friends,
I had completed B.B.A. and and thinking to applying for post graduate diploma course in brand management.
So will there be issue of study mismatch or course mismatch?
Thanks.
Hi,
Even, I'm from a similar background in management/ Business studies. And as any1 in this field knows, management/ Business studies include: Marketing, HR, Finance, Operations, Supply chain management & Logistics, International Business, Retail management etc. etc Now, since you are holding a BBA, and Brand management is nothing but a part of marketing management/ marketing studies, and hence definitely it's related to your studies. So, I think there should not be any mismatch of course, studies or otherwise. However, I feel since this is (along with similar course such as Advertising management etc.) a very specialized course, the applications and job opportunities are bound to be limited in this niche field, and I would personally prefer doing a regular marketing management course. Nevertheless, you can apply for marketing jobs too after this course. It would be better if one already has an experience in Sales & Marketing, or even better in pure marketing like advertisement sector, brand promotion, ATL/BTL marketing etc. then this course is even more suitable for such applicants. It would be better for you to crosscheck, do more research, if possible communicate with the programme coordinators, see if it fits your profile and long term goals and in the end make a wise, informed decision based on your interests and not just choose a course because it has a fancy name!!! ;)

Others are definitely welcome to add/rectify to what I've said.

Best of luck
tiger007

hmdidar

Feb 14, 2012
Why would you do Post-graduate diploma after Bachelor degree. you supposed to go for to to Canada for a higher Canada. Though it is a post-graduate, the 'diploma' is not a Master's. So you need to do some research about it as well.

tiger007

Champion Member
hmdidar said:
Why would you do Post-graduate diploma after Bachelor degree. you supposed to go for to to Canada for a higher Canada. Though it is a post-graduate, the 'diploma' is not a Master's. So you need to do some research about it as well.
Dude... Seriously? ::) :-X

Yes, one can definitely do a Post grad Diploma/certificate after Bachelors degree.. because the VERY NAME POST GRADUATE -- meaning after you are graduate/ after your Bachelors degree,. Its higher than a Bachelor's degree, but lower than a Masters--in between and requires a previous Bachelor's level degree to be eligible to apply for it. Check out any Canadian college Post grad cert/diploma admission requirements and you will see that Bachelors degree is the main requirement to apply. I think you got confused with plain "Diplomas" and "certificates" which are done after 12th grade and before Bachelors.

In-fact many desi students, who hold masters degree in their own countries, often due to being not highly qualified or due to higher costs or some other reasons to apply for Universities (which also offer Post grad cert/diploma but fewer and admission standards higher) choose to apply for Post graduate diploma/certificate courses in any of the Canadian colleges, coz contrary to what you think, many students don't have the intention for "Higher studies" but to finish any course, get PGWP and hopefully have a shot at the coveted PR!

Here's a link to a 1 year post graduate programme at Humber college: (in fact these post graduate certificates are known as ONTARIO GRADUATE certificate, where Graduate--in North American term is Post graduate studies done after Bachelors, and Bachelor's level studies are known as UG or Under Graduate studies!)
http://www.humber.ca/program/marketing-management -- click on the admission requirements of this course and you will see what I mean! --you require a bachelor's degree.

Hope, this explanation is enough for your delusion about Post graduate diplomas/certificates of not "higher enough" are gone!!! ;D 8)

hmdidar

Feb 14, 2012
I agree with you because the intention is not to achieve a "higher degree" lol. Anyway, all the best!

tiger007

Champion Member
hmdidar said:
I agree with you because the intention is not to achieve a "higher degree" lol. Anyway, all the best!
whatever may be the intention..my friend... But Post grad cert/diploma is definitely a higher than a bachelor's degree! And for those of us..who can't get admission to Master degree courses in Universities..these r the only option! ;) ;D

H

HBK

[/quote]

hey hm didar,
really? really ? really? really? r u sure poat graduate diploma courses r lower than bachlor degree?
Are u sure P.G. diploma courses r desigened for post secondary students?

Any way i am sure that i had seen cases after master they got visa for p.g diploma course.

H

HBK

Hey, patel for the course its upto you to choose the programe.

but p.g diploma after bachlore u can definately go.i dont see risk in it.p.g courses r designed for bachlor students not for post secondary students.

definately u can go.

P

patel1992

Thanks guy for such a valuable information. i Appreciate a lot

@Tiger 007.will it be advisable to go for marketing management? You can suggest me suitable course.

will appreciate a lot.

tiger007

Champion Member
patel1992 said:
Thanks guy for such a valuable information. i Appreciate a lot

@ Tiger 007.will it be advisable to go for marketing management? You can suggest me suitable course.

will appreciate a lot.
Hi,

Any course you do, must be based on your personal interest. You can opt for variety of post graduate courses related to Business field such as marketing, HR, Finance, International Business etc. Your wish. You'll have to do research, find an appropriate course as per your interest and yourself make the final decision. Sticking to the core courses such as the Marketing, HR, Finance, IB etc will be my advice. You can opt for regular 1 year post grad certificates or 2 years courses which will give you a 3 years work permit such as that of Global Business Management at Humber college or Centennial College. You can also opt for a Post degree Diploma (1 year) in Business at Vancouver island University instead of regular colleges, people apply to. Applying to a Univ. is definitely better than in colleges ,even though VIU is not a highly rated Univ.

If you have very good marks (70% or more/ B average) throughout your BBA, then you must definitely consider applying to Universities. There are some Post graduate courses offered in management such as Graduate diploma(1 year) in Business Admin at Concordia Univ. Alternatively, you can also consider (if you have very good marks) a direct 14 months MBA at Vancouver island univ. (No GMAT required) or a 2 years PG diploma in Global Business management and Leadership at Vancouver Community college( 3 years work permit).

So, at the end the choice is yours, and you'll have to make an informed decesion!
Best of luck